• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have not informed us anything yet.

Come of the phone not long ago, basically requested I have a solution by tomorrow otherwise OcUK will take its own action for our own customers.

We want our customers happy, so we want a solution and want it ASAP, they've promised to come back to me.

I want to give my customers a solution by end of play tomorrow, it is what I am pushing very hard for and determined to get it. :)

If a driver resolves it then awesome, but if not possible I want a happy outcome for OcUK customers, working on it guys and will have more updates tomorrow. :)

Intrigued to know what you're pushing for :)

Last edited:

Come of the phone not long ago, basically requested I have a solution by tomorrow otherwise OcUK will take its own action for our own customers.

We want our customers happy, so we want a solution and want it ASAP, they've promised to come back to me.

I want to give my customers a solution by end of play tomorrow, it is what I am pushing very hard for and determined to get it. :)

If a driver resolves it then awesome, but if not possible I want a happy outcome for OcUK customers, working on it guys and will have more updates tomorrow. :)

look forward to the response and solutions. :)

I would not want a refund, I would be happy with credit with OCUK. They are my main go to for all my components so I have no want for the money back. I will probably get a 980, and yes I know it's giving Nvidia my money after they screwed me but I have a Rog Swift which I am very happy with and I can't afford to replace.

Thanks man - it must be painful having to bail out a massive corporation like Nvidia - why can't they just be upfront with a solution and get all that goodwill from loyal customers. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

Why dont you run a poll overnight with 4-5 theoretical responses so at least it will give you an idea of numbers ?

Hi Gibbo, I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you guys. I would be more than happy to receive a credit (in lieu of a refund) for the full cost of the card so that I may put it towards whatever AMD are going to offer later this year. Thanks for all you and your team are doing.

a credit note via the post will be best, but you'll still have to send your cards back straight away, because Nvidia wont let you keep your 970s till late summer because that's taking the ****............. obviously :D:D

the updated driver seems a slap in the face as well, oh lets make things artificially look like theyve improved while hiding the actual hardware discrepancy. Also 'sorry we gave you false specs, its all been updated, cheers for letting us know. Hopefully itl all blow over and everyone will forget.' When i first found out about this i wasn't even that bothered tbh, but after seeing their blaze stone faced responses trying to justify things. They got caught out. They should just accept it.

a credit note via the post will be best, but you'll still have to send your cards back straight away, because Nvidia wont let you keep your 970s till late summer because that's taking the ****............. obviously :D:D

Definitely, sad to have to step down to my 650ti 1GB until then, but at this point I'm very reluctant to invest another 130 quid into a 980. And hopefully whatever equivalent card AMD put out will be faster than that anyway.

Maybe if nvidia refunded say £40 then in the drivers locked off the 500mb pool to save peoples issues think something like that would be a way to solve in a nice way ??
(i know im dreaming) haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom