• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a great compromise for those who want to make that choice.

The 970 would still be an exceptional card even with 3.5GB at launch.

I imagine most people would have still bought the card if it was a 3.5GB card, not 4GB.

Don't matter, if they do that it's a 3.5 GB sold as 4GB then. As the guy said - it's messy.

This news will 100% kill the resale value of the 970 now.

Agreed. Even if only for this. If no truth to the matter fine but there is an issue which should have been made clear from the get go. Lying about it or covering the matter up doesn't appease me and probably without this hoohar I'd likely have thought a game was bugged or my card wasn't up to the game in question. It's a right old game but now we all know. Either a fix or option to change or refund should be offered regardless of its cost and price.

Sounds like a great compromise for those who want to make that choice.

The 970 would still be an exceptional card even with 3.5GB at launch.

I imagine most people would have still bought the card if it was a 3.5GB card, not 4GB.

at 1080 it still is a very fast card. it beats the 290s. no matter what people say.

one of the problems of returning for a slower card. even with issues.

then you factor in the extra heat of 290s and power and noise.

How sad do you have to be to be an apologist for this situation?

This is as bad as it gets. They have purposely mislead everyone to the point of even putting false information in the bios.

Nvidias pr is in maximum damage limitation because they know that they have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar and people are still apologising for them.

or not have done this in the first place? but then again have NVidia even learnt from bumpgate? I think not

Yet here we are. So stop whining about something that cannot be changed and actually talk about solutions which are viable? Be that refund, firmware/driver tweaks or otherwise.

Or are you just going to keep flinging mud?

For all I knew when I made my sli 970 purchase was that the 4GB on the 970s was the same as the 4GB on the 980s. Now it's come to light that they're not and do not operate the same way - nothing was stated to distinguish them. This would have affected what I proceeded to purchase and I would have almost certainly opted for 290s or lumped up the extra for 980s. The price difference between the two I simply put down to lower shader count and other specs I had available so I could make an informed decision.

Yes the 970 is still a great card, but had I known what I know now, I wouldn't have bought them. It also explains some of the recent issues I've been having with vram intensive games just recently, which I wasn't playing back when I purchased the 970s (on release) and therefore I never noticed the stuttering back then.

at 1080 it still is a very fast card. it beats the 290s. no matter what people say.

one of the problems of returning for a slower card. even with issues.

then you factor in the extra heat of 290s and power and noise.
This tbh, for me personally this isnt a great time to be looking at gpu upgrades. Currently on sli 780, copes fine for my uses and res at the moment, (if a little hot). A new monitor is my first priority, (gsync 1440p). Then wait it out and play on lowered settings until new cards arrive.

I find it a bit odd that some people without the card in question are in here winding us up. Don't suprise me though. I agree just a viable solution /option is needed or to be offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom