• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many people with problems when using very high settings on their 970s have looked at the rest of their system to rule it out. I have found in the past that a PC that is not up to the job can produce problems that are easy to blame the GPUs for.

VRAM issues aside anyone elses OCUK 970 (reference design) runs at high idle temps? Mine is pretty much always at 47°C... I know my case isn't the problem here since it's cold as ****Fully star out all swear words**** inside.

I'm going to stick my 2 970's on THAT auction site I think if nothing comes of this, rid myself of my PS4 and this Oneplus One phone just sat on my desk in its box (got excited because I had an invitation) and buy 2 x 980's. I deserve nice things because of my prettiness.

Amazing how people's opinions vary so much. I'm waiting without losing my rag to see what the outcome is and bashing the 970 isn't going to help me at all. Just like a viable solution.

I wonder how many people with problems when using very high settings on their 970s have looked at the rest of their system to rule it out. I have found in the past that a PC that is not up to the job can produce problems that are easy to blame the GPUs for.

i forgot about this EXACTLY

my games stuttered and crashed until i backed off the OC to 4.6 and reduced the GPUs overclock by 50%...........loss of performance? no the rig is faster because it doesn't slow down before stuttering and finally crashing

this was worst of all in FC 3 and FC 4..........try it, you'll deffo notice a massive difference...........i havent had stuttering since...FACT, you dont need the SLI cards overclocked on 1080p anyway.

Setter knows about this, because it was his advice

Last edited:

Pretty sure the rest of my system is up to the job.

This is the problem trying to discuss this issue. Some games like watchdogs and Ac Unity are giving a very slight stutter on the 970 at lower settings (below 3.5), these are games that also stutter on my titans so i really struggle to blame vram issues.
Any issue that affects a 970 user is now being blamed on the 970, even where the same issue crops up on other nvidia/Amd cards.

Ive seen some of the frametime analysis on the 970/980 and on the higher settings the 980's are running rubbish as well anyway, the graphs are worse for the 970 but the 980 wouldnt be playable either.

OK so that is nothing to do then with the VRAM issue, its just a typical driver issue which as with all driver issues get fixed. :)

I think a lot of people need to understand drivers cause issues and fixes come out and that is how it has always being and always will be.

This is the problem trying to discuss this issue. Some games like watchdogs and Ac Unity are giving a very slight stutter on the 970 at lower settings (below 3.5), these are games that also stutter on my titans so i really struggle to blame vram issues.
Any issue that affects a 970 user is now being blamed on the 970, even where the same issue crops up on other nvidia/Amd cards.

Ive seen some of the frametime analysis on the 970/980 and on the higher settings the 980's are running rubbish as well anyway, the graphs are worse for the 970 but the 980 wouldnt be playable either.

never judge anything on ubisoft games. :p

always buggy always a mess.

Spot on. There has been some UBI games and EA games that have had me looking at my computer and thinking something is wrong. I have messed about with settings on overclocks just in case and proper scratching my head times..... Then it sinks in that it is the game causing me this grief and not my computer.

• Watchdogs runs at 25 fps for me with 3 Titans and everything maxed and is a mess.
  • AC:U was pretty good on the 1.3 patch but the 1.4 patch broke that game for me and is a flickering stuttering mess.
  • FarCry 4 has some seriously bad stutter (or did the last time I played it)
  • BF4 for a year or more had some good spells and bad spells and still has some shocking results on a couple of maps with stuttering.
  • Elite Dangerous see's my frames drop to below 30 fps now and then when getting near a planet
  • FarCry 3 still has stuttering issues (or did the last time I played that in SLI.
  • Shadow of Mordor has the occasional stutter and I recorded that happening.
If 970 owners are having issues in these games, it might just be the game and not the VRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom