• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some1 who generally doesnt have brand loyalty for anything,todays events have solidified my choice to actively support OCuk when it comes to buy pc stuff.

I recently just upgraded my case and bought some other swag,i could have got it cheaper else where and saved around £20 on a £160 order.I still ordered from here because in general i like the range of high end/enthusiast products OCuk stock,and the excellent CS observed(often going way above what is nessecary) over my my time browings/joining the forums, for once felt like supporting a decent company even if it costs me a few ££'s.

Seeing Gibbo/Ocuk once again going the extra mile for customers especially in a situation that will be a noticeable financial hit for them most likey has ensured that Ocuk will be the only place i order my PC components from now on regardless of prices elsewhere.

And im Scottish so we are tight with our cash :D

NVIDIA believe there is no case, they are potentially correct, the card is advertised correctly.

However I agree, some people are unhappy and OcUK believes customer is king so we want to do the right thing and shall be working around the clock to achieve it and posting updates here, again something else our competitors fail to do. This is why we might not always be the cheapest but our service levels are way beyond the competition.

It isn't (wasn't) though. Nothing against you guys, I feel for you with this. Damn man, talk about a shed load of work getting dropped on your lap for no reward.

This is was my argument all along, Nvidia and retailers are looking at the short-term financial implications. Yes, accepting returns will cost money but if you do right by your customers then surely that loss will turn into a profit since they will have greater loyalty to you and come back to your store.

It isn't (wasn't) though. Nothing against you guys, I feel for you with this. Damn man, talk about a shed load of work getting dropped on your lap for no reward.

The reward will be massive for OcUK though, they know this. They are seeing the bigger picture further down the line, when people decide on where to shop in future.

Last edited:
I do purchase from other sites, but they need to be ~15% or more cheaper than OCUK before I use them.

I have been burned in the past with other UK etailers such as scam, or wabs when it came to customer support. OCUK have always been great in that regard.

Being pushing Gigabyte all day, latest response it is with HQ in Far East, so waiting. If they say no we shall probably see what we can fund ourselves. How many people with Gigabyte cards are wanting a refund as they unhappy?

Hi Gibbo,

I would be, would be unfortunate if you are footing the bill but I will be replacing them with two 980's from yourselves. Will that soften the blow?

Gibbo has tried could try better as said maybe asking nvidia to give games vouchers for 970 owners as a little piece offering.

Garbage. Gibbo does not owe you anything. Nvidia is the company that misinformed you. Are there any other retailers out there issuing refunds? Overclockers.co.uk can happily forget this whole thing and technically they will not be incorrect. Every single time I have had a complaint they have handled it without a problem. You really should be more thankful.

If there's someone you should be irate with it's Nvidia. If anything, Overclockers have gone way beyond their remit and done everything possible to help customers. They didn't have to do this.

Gibbo, are you really going to give refunds to people with 970's when they blatantly turn round and say its due to depreciation ?

Garbage. Gibbo does not owe you anything. Nvidia is the company that misinformed you. Are there any other retailers out there issuing refunds? Overclockers.co.uk can happily forget this whole thing and technically they will not be incorrect. Every single time I have had a complaint they have handled it without a problem. You really should be more thankful.

Have Nvidia accepted liability? If they have then Gibbo can ask them to re-imburse their loses. The fact that Gibbo is doing the replacements indicates there was/is a problem that they needed to act upon it.

If there's someone you should be irate with it's Nvidia. If anything, Overclockers have gone way beyond their remit and done everything possible to help customers. They didn't have to do this.

Unfortunately for retailers, I think it is their legal duty to sell products that meet their claimed specifications. If those products don't meet the claimed specification, the retailer is responsible for correcting the situation. It doesn't seem fair, but that's the law.

How does he know I have not, assumptions are the mother of all beep beeps, we've gone at it from every angle.

it is their job. do you not realize it ? the better they do it the better for business. games vouchers as i said would be from Nvidia not ocuk. gibbo could have put this across while speaking.

gibbo is trying his best no one denies this but he is doing it so you buy again and keep buying . not cause he loves everyone. its business .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom