• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia will most likely get fined hundreds of thousands of pounds anyway, for misleading customers.

I remember a while back even Tesco got a fine of 300K just for some lousy punnet of strawberries lol. :p

Well there you go, OCUK are proactive and helping costumers out, its competitors hide behind the weasel Nvidia. Who you gonna buy your next PC component from?
Only reason I didn't buy from ocuk at the time was the same price locally so I could avoid delivery costs by picking them up, pretty gutted now though

If it can't even handle Dying light then there's no way it's gonna handle Witcher 3 or other games coming later this year.

that my main future worry, these games just getting bigger.
so thinking loads of games coming out this year/next, could maybe struggle.

50\50 on what to do now, game at 144
reseller value will be low (helps when buying new card)
more games may struggle, (esp as it seems 8gb will be next step from amd & nvidia)
stuck with a waterblock if send back

Being pushing Gigabyte all day, latest response it is with HQ in Far East, so waiting. If they say no we shall probably see what we can fund ourselves. How many people with Gigabyte cards are wanting a refund as they unhappy?

Gibbo, I would like to return 2 Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970s if possible. I'm not too happy with the performance and to show you how much I'm peed off at Nvidia, and not just taking advantage, my replacement will be down the AMD route with OCUK. I've just tried Dying light again at 1440p and the game goes from as good as 120fps then freezes and tanks to 3fps during certain scenes.

Both cards have the boxes in brand new conditon with all accessories, and I'll professionally clean the cards before sending back, if that's an option.

Being pushing Gigabyte all day, latest response it is with HQ in Far East, so waiting. If they say no we shall probably see what we can fund ourselves. How many people with Gigabyte cards are wanting a refund as they unhappy?

Gibbo, I would not mind a refund for my x2 GTX 970 at all. Will not hold it against you guys if you don't get it though as I know it is not your fault.

I must say OCuk have proved that they have fantastic customer service. They are taking returns for all the manufacturers they are closely affiliated with (GALAX, Inno3D, OCUK) while apart from EVGA all the 'highly reputable' manufacturers such as MSI, ASUS and Gigabyte are still silent.

Remember OCUK buy thousands of cards powered by Nvidia and most will be directly from manufacturer and not uk distribution centers.

This gives them quite a bit of bargaining power and no doubt how they treat OCUK during this period will have a major knock on for who they endorse with front of house specials etc..

From Nvidia about Dying Light. From testing, it appears that there is no difference in quality between the two settings, and that High may merely be storing more textures in memory on suitably equipped GPUs. For example, running around an area on Medium resulted in a modicum of texture pop-in and VRAM usage of around 2GB. Repeating the test on High resulted in zero pop-in and VRAM usage that topped out at 3.3GB, though during longer gameplay sessions usage of nearly 4GB has been observed.

I have an update and it's not good news! Just spoke to the retailer I bought my 2 msi gtx 970's from (not ocuk) and they said they have been in contact with nvidia whose official stance is no refunds as they see it as a non issue. In other words unless you have an evga card or one of the ocuk ones then you are stuck with it

Pretty much the stance.

Hence why we are the far better company and doing stuff off our own backs. We are working on Asus, MSI and Gigabyte, but if they want to take the same stance we shall do our best to support our customers, because our motto is customer is king. :)

Gibbo, I would like to return 2 Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970s if possible. I'm not too happy with the performance and to show you how much I'm peed off at Nvidia, and not just taking advantage, my replacement will be down the AMD route with OCUK. I've just tried Dying light again at 1440p and the game goes from as good as 120fps then freezes and tanks to 3fps during certain scenes.

Both cards have the boxes in brand new conditon with all accessories, and I'll professionally clean the cards before sending back, if that's an option.

I am running Dying Light at 4k and it's lovely. If you check the Dying Light thread you will find a video a guy posted running it on two 970s at 4k and it too is very, very impressive.

Check out his VRAM usage too, it constantly stays rammed at around 4gb or more.

In this particular instance I would say the issue is just a compatibility issue with your actual rig, and not down to your hardware being bad.

Games can be like that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom