• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats for the manufacturers / retailers to sort out. Consumer rights in UK are pretty clear with false or misleading advertising. Not a route I think OCUK will force people to go down given Gibbo's good service thus far.

NVIDIA believe there is no case, they are potentially correct, the card is advertised correctly.

However I agree, some people are unhappy and OcUK believes customer is king so we want to do the right thing and shall be working around the clock to achieve it and posting updates here, again something else our competitors fail to do. This is why we might not always be the cheapest but our service levels are way beyond the competition.

NVIDIA believe there is no case, they are potentially correct, the card is advertised correctly.

However I agree, some people are unhappy and OcUK believes customer is king so we want to do the right thing and shall be working around the clock to achieve it and posting updates here, again something else our competitors fail to do. This is why we might not always be the cheapest but our service levels are way beyond the competition.

Who cares about a few quid when you get that extra peace of mind and aftersales service? :)

I have an update and it's not good news! Just spoke to the retailer I bought my 2 msi gtx 970's from (not ocuk) and they said they have been in contact with nvidia whose official stance is no refunds as they see it as a non issue. In other words unless you have an evga card or one of the ocuk ones then you are stuck with it

Well done NVIDIA.

Still, at least AMD seem to be trying to help out those who are looking for an alternative to the GTX970.

http://www.techpowerup.com/209412/amd-cashes-in-on-gtx-970-drama-cuts-r9-290x-price.html

Thanks Gibbo. I have 2 x MSI 970s (with all packaging) and just want to upgrade to the full bandwidth 980s. I dont mind who by (preferably ocuk warranty ones) as long as they are identical and with the non-stock coolers.

Just for in case you need numbers for msi :P

I just gave dying light a go to see if it made my 970,s get the hump but it played fine at 2560x1440, I beginning to wonder if the quality of ram plays any part, my ocuk 970's have Samsung memory

Remember OCUK buy thousands of cards powered by Nvidia and most will be directly from manufacturer and not uk distribution centers.

This gives them quite a bit of bargaining power and no doubt how they treat OCUK during this period will have a major knock on for who they endorse with front of house specials etc..

You got it spot on, I do not forget, those who support me I remember, those who don't support me and mean OcUK loses money, well I won't forget who they are.

My view is, put the customer first, if they unhappy let them return it, 99.9% of customers are happy with the 970 as it a bloody fantastic card. Sales today on the card are through the roof, so people are buying 970 great.

LOL! About the 3rd time you have given this response reagrding being unhappy with something from OCUK, each time you back down.

I doubt Gibbo or OCUK care about you and your 6 youtube friends or what equates to about 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 of ocuk turn over.

The customer service supplied by Bailey and his team is brilliant I used it a few times last year.

I have a 970gtx I'm not happy with the situation, but threatening a company that's just stuck in the middle. Grow the hell up. We have options you like you keep, you don't like you send back simples.

I will be keeping mine, I'm not happy about the way Nvidia trolled us. But that's 1st first problems for you right there.

2nd person using personal attacks responding to me. :rolleyes:

oh look its spils who trolls every response i give on this forum. if you really want to know spils in last 6 month i generated 38,000 pounds worth of orders for ocuk. yes its a small drop in the ocean.i know of what orders get placed and who by. i keep track.

my 6 youtube friends . :rolleyes: seriously how can some get away with this every time in every thread i do it boom one week break or ban.if you only knew :p

argue the point don't be petty with me. you don't know me, don't try and know me. or guess. people were warned earlier in the thread not to troll.

why not take the advice.

im to happy with the Nvidia situation. i wont recommend them to anyone who asks or where to get the gear from.im not happy with the outcome im not mad like you think i maybe as my card plays my games ok at my res.

the argument what does bother me is the underhanded display what has been shown. the lack of fixing it from Nvidia. Gibbo has tried could try better as said maybe asking nvidia to give games vouchers for 970 owners as a little piece offering.

please stop trolling me spills taps on the shoulder :)

Again, myself and im sure everyone else 100% appreciates the gesture, which is why I, and many others continue to buy our gear from ocUK.
I'm not even interested in any kind of refund. All I'd like is to exchange my 2 970's for a 980 and a credit note for the remaning amount.
I'd just like to keep my system as future proof as possible.

Being pushing Gigabyte all day, latest response it is with HQ in Far East, so waiting. If they say no we shall probably see what we can fund ourselves. How many people with Gigabyte cards are wanting a refund as they unhappy?
I have a G1 GTX 970 that I'd like to return/change for another card please.
Really appreciate all the time and effort you've dedicated to this Gibbo, top marks to you and OCUK.

You are not always the cheapest, but the last time I did a quite major upgrade there was so little in when you take into consideration the free p&p it is worth getting the job lot from the same retailer, when you know the service is the best.

2nd person using personal attacks responding to me. :rolleyes:

oh look its spils who trolls every response i give on this forum. if you really want to know spils in last 6 month i generated 38,000 pounds worth of orders for ocuk. yes its a small drop in the ocean.i know of what orders get placed and who by. i keep track.

my 6 youtube friends . :rolleyes: seriously how can some get away with this every time in every thread i do it boom one week break or ban.if you only knew :p

argue the point don't be petty with me. you don't know me, don't try and know me. or guess. people were warned earlier in the thread not to troll.

why not take the advice.

im to happy with the Nvidia situation. i wont recommend them to anyone who asks or where to get the gear from.im not happy with the outcome im not mad like you think i maybe as my card plays my games ok at my res.

the argument what does bother me is the underhanded display what has been shown. the lack of fixing it from Nvidia. Gibbo has tried could try better as said maybe asking nvidia to give games vouchers for 970 owners as a little piece offering.

please stop trolling me spills taps on the shoulder :)
Didn't read what you posted there, because tbh, I don't think anybody really cares. Best off just dropping it. There's slightly more important things to discuss here.

Being pushing Gigabyte all day, latest response it is with HQ in Far East, so waiting. If they say no we shall probably see what we can fund ourselves. How many people with Gigabyte cards are wanting a refund as they unhappy?

I'd be happy to pay the extra to upgrade my Gigabyte 970 G1 to a 980 as I game at 1440p but not a Gigabyte 980 if they don't agree to swap them out.

Would prefer one supported direct through OCUK as you get great customer service.

Nvidia working on software 'fix'. Although sounds more like an optimization.

By PeterS@NVIDIA: Actually I'm not sure as that's not a simple issue with just one cause. Card memory is not just used for the frame buffer, plenty of driver stuff gets loaded into it as well. We're looking at sticking as much of that stuff as possible into the 0.5GB space to leave the rest available.

No one read my post!! :rolleyes:

no you probably dont care but i own a 970 gtx i do care and posting in relevant thread people were warned about trolling yet he trolls about every post i do.

hope the guys getting refunded are sorted out .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom