A 10 hour walk (the Jay Slater thread)...

Soldato
At least something good has come out of this!
Officers added that he would not have managed to get out of the ravine "by his own means" due to the "difficulty and lack of communication" in the area where he was found.

what does the mobile coverage map look like - or he wasn't with the right service provider (do 999 transmit on arbitrary carrier?)

Associate
Slater's mum criticises speculation as being harmful to the investigation, while saying "there's something untoward" about his disappearance. Wonder if she thinks it's the drug gangs or the shark?

Soldato
Slater's mum criticises speculation as being harmful to the investigation, while saying "there's something untoward" about his disappearance. Wonder if she thinks it's the drug gangs or the shark?

Much as though speculation is ridiculous, I don't quite see why it would harm anything. I mean, hopefully the police don't believe it.

"OMG, guys, stop the search! He's been spotted in Blackpool riding a flamingo."

But seriously, the media are being a pain. Why they ask the view of the parents and friends.. it's just ridiculous. Friends have no idea how to find him so it's just uninformed guesswork on their part. The dogs need a scent, lol. I don't think they understand what the dogs are.

Last edited:
Soldato
Edit: Also did he actually machete someone himself or was he just part of the group that included the person who did it ?

Yes, "Joint Enterprise" the big pitfall of being a gang member who goes along with the others just to be popular. (Not suggesting he didn't actually do it though.)

IMHO, he lost the ability to say he didnt actually swing the machete when he chased after the victim to inflict harm... "Accidentally" being in a group and one of them lashes out is different from physically hunting down the victim.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's distressing for them more than harmless to the investigation, especially if he's not been kidnapped by a shark.

I read somewhere that the friend was getting threats and abuse which is not helpful for anyone, regardless of their backgrounds.

Either way, I'm very surprised this is still ongoing and a body hasn't been found. The rescuers have their work cut out for them.

Soldato
IMHO, he lost the ability to say he didnt actually swing the machete when he chased after the victim to inflict harm... "Accidentally" being in a group and one of them lashes out is different from physically hunting down the victim.

Not sure how you quoted me in your post up there, that was someone else who was querying if he macheted anyone.

Back
Top Bottom