A 5.1 separates system better than Sonos

Soldato
Hey, I’m considering a full on Sonos home theatre setup, Arc, Sub and 2 x Sonos Era 300. This should cost around £2300.

I’m not that bothered about Atmos, is it possible to build a separates 5.1 for the money? What kit would you use?

Yeah easily. £2300 will get you a pretty good 5.1 system

Use av shops package/price slider to give you idea what's available. Good idea to have a demo on a few speaker brands.

It's possible to get full atmos for reasonble budget, but I'd rather get better quality 5.1 than lower quality 7.1.4 But I found even the smaller diamond 9.0 to offer really nice sound quality, for the bargain price of £50 a pair.

Subs bundled in with those kits usually aren't great but it gets you going.

You'd need to budget speaker stands (if buying standmount) speaker cable- 50M reel of 2.5mm should be enough kabeldirect, banana plugs (four individual plugs per speaker)

Last edited:
Second hand could be an option for example seen a pair of Wharfedale Evo 4.2 for £350, another pair for £350 including generic stands, that's £1400 of speakers for £700.

Money saving means you could get a better avr, or sub or go dual subs for the same total price

Back
Top Bottom