A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
Insanity said:
The incrimental(sp?) patch worked fine for me, but i did get that "There's a problem with your connection" message for a split second in my first game, which is worrying.

The new map is nuts, feels a bit like COD2 as far as some of the hiding places go. But it's a lil framerate killer at times. All in all, i think its pretty cool.

I got this quite a bit at i28. In fact one of the servers did it every 5 minutes to me, everyone else was fine.

Spoke to one of the techs there and said it was down to a dual core issue, I unticked the affinity for one of the cores and it worked perfectly. :)

v2^

v2^

Associate
Ace of Spades said:
something along the lines of 1.29#### lol

Yeh i have that, i thought my install was wrong as i was expecting 1.4. But the new map and the prone delay are on so i guess its correct.

Soldato
kola said:
Guy's ive only been playing a few days but Im getting a lot of connection problems i've got the latest patch 1.4 any ideas :confused:

kola, Do you have a Dual Core Processor? if so have you tried what I suggested above?

Load BF2, Press Ctrl-Alt-Del then go to BF2.exe, right click and select affinity (I think its spelt like that :) ) Untick one of the cores. Go back into game.

Soldato
markyb said:
kola, Do you have a Dual Core Processor? if so have you tried what I suggested above?

Load BF2, Press Ctrl-Alt-Del then go to BF2.exe, right click and select affinity (I think its spelt like that :) ) Untick one of the cores. Go back into game.
No dual core just a 3200 Athlon 64 @ 2.6Ghz

Associate
markyb said:
I got this quite a bit at i28. In fact one of the servers did it every 5 minutes to me, everyone else was fine.

Spoke to one of the techs there and said it was down to a dual core issue, I unticked the affinity for one of the cores and it worked perfectly. :)
Nah, it's not a dual core thing, for me anyway. I shut off one core everytime i play, otherwise i get really bad framerates.

Soldato
Well this is odd.

Got latest update just been playing
and come accross 2 problems so far:-

one, if you have TK a lot on a server with auto kick, it keeps saying ie:

KICKING "Mr Smith" but doesnt do it at all. Doesnt kick him

2nd prob:

My BF2 now crashes (2 times so far) Everything stops and the sound just loops.

Have to do a full system reset.

Anyone know the answer to the second problem?

Spec in sig.

cheers

OH AND WHY OH WHY OH WHY do people NOT understand YOU can FORGIVE for a TK. Everyone just presses Page up so quick

Soldato
Magic_x_uk said:
OH AND WHY OH WHY OH WHY do people NOT understand YOU can FORGIVE for a TK. Everyone just presses Page up so quick

I do forgive if they are accidental, buit sometime if i am doing really well, ie. not died yet and my own team kills me its pretty annoying.

Does anyone else have this problem, sometimes i get punished for a tk or team damage when i have done nothing at all! i might just be by myslef and suddenly im getting punished, wtf!

Associate
New to the game,

Just bought the game yesterday, and only had a couple of single player games. TBH don't know what the heck is going on, half the time and end up just running around after my team mates and shooting anything thats got red writing above their heads.

So whats the best way to learn this game, just beast the single player and try and follow whats going on ?

Is there like any beginners servers out there ?

I'm sure i'd be wasting mine and other peoples time playing it online at the moment.

Any advise would be greatly appreicated, can't wait till 5 o'clock then I was escape the office and play this.

Is it worth getting a headpiece ?

I'll keep you posted on how i get on,

Cheers

Yorkshirepadd,

Soldato
Yorkshirepadd said:

I have never played the single player at all.

The best way to learn is to play online. Just go on a big 64 player server and see what happens. No one will mind that you are a n00b because there are so many people you won't realy make much difference.

I don't really know what you mean by 'learn the game'. It pretty simple you just try and capture sectors and kill the enemy.

The only thing you learn are the maps and the only way to do that is play them!

Associate
hyper_piper45 said:
I have never played the single player at all.

The best way to learn is to play online. Just go on a big 64 player server and see what happens. No one will mind that you are a n00b because there are so many people you won't realy make much difference.

I don't really know what you mean by 'learn the game'. It pretty simple you just try and capture sectors and kill the enemy.

The only thing you learn are the maps and the only way to do that is play them!

Cool cheers man,

I'll have a bash online tonight then, totally new to online gaming and can't wait really. I fear some late nights will be coming up.

Cheers.

Soldato
hyper_piper45 said:
I do forgive if they are accidental, buit sometime if i am doing really well, ie. not died yet and my own team kills me its pretty annoying.

Does anyone else have this problem, sometimes i get punished for a tk or team damage when i have done nothing at all! i might just be by myslef and suddenly im getting punished, wtf!
Yep its clear as day that it was a TK accidenta but still they punish.
Loads of claymore at the base of the TV station in SF red guy comes & one goes off but one team guy gets taken out! PUNISHED.

Soldato
WTF Is happening with EA and this game.
NOW my User name in log in box aint there no more ?

Have to type that in ?

Then when i joined the game, Ranking correct >BUT< I have the TIP screen top middle telling me how to fire, call a medic, use flares etc etc as though i have just installed the game ? even though i have had it 12 months.

Had to remap all my controlls and this is with the update.

WHAT is going on with the game that i so love playing

Thanks EA, your amazing. Really know how to keep your customers happy

Last edited:
Associate
That tip voice-over guy bugs the hell out of me - seems to come back when I re-install the game. Not sure how to switch it off. But for this patch everything seems normal - maybe because I copied and pasted my backed-up profiles back into the BF2 folder.

I love that Jabbaland map, but I too have had the connection problem message from time to time. Also, although my ping isn't any higher than normal, the game does seem laggier. For example, I'd drive a jeep at speed towards a flag and jump out, but the game doesn't seem to realise that I've jumped out for about a second.

I've noticed a few things I like, like the display indicating the progress of your flag capture. Quite useful if you can't actually see the flag you're capturing. But also some strange things like you can't drive vehicles underneath buildings - i.e. the arches outside the mosque on Mashtuur, you used to be able to poke the nose of the vehicle between the arches. There are similar buildings on Jabbaland where the jeep looks like it will easily fit behind these arches, but it crashes into some kind of invisible wall.

But most importantly, I played for several hours today, and not had one crash!

Soldato
hyper_piper45 said:
I don't really know what you mean by 'learn the game'. I
Its the difference between being a n00b and being l33t.

Nothing beats experience and having devised plans to certain obsticles, and having that reinforced by repetition. Much like u would learn drills in the services.

Nothing says ownd more when a spec-ops runs up to a tank and the driver gets out expecting to get c4'ed and then gets run over by his own tank. An experienced player would probably not drive a tank into a spot where he can get jumped easily.

Associate
megatron said:
Nothing says ownd more when a spec-ops runs up to a tank and the driver gets out expecting to get c4'ed and then gets run over by his own tank. An experienced player would probably not drive a tank into a spot where he can get jumped easily.

Or rather, an experienced player wouldnt get out of the tank at all. You either sit their, bend over and take it, or attempt to kill the spec ops. Never leave a tank alive if your in it, even if your smoking badly and have 2/3 red bars of health left u stay in it. If you get out, all it takes is an enemy engineer to steal it, drive it away, repair it and then they have your teams armour (let the raping begin)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Hey Deliverance good to see you about again.
I feel the same way. Last night i went mental at some sap who abandoned our only tank only for the enemy to repair it and use it against us for the whole ****** round. :mad:
Serious textual abuse was given constantly from me and the rest of the team.
I mean how the hell you sposed to get anywhere when the enemy have both tanks and an APC all Engi and u have 2 APC's full of noobs going support or summit.
BF2 law is if you are going to take armour you die with it, i mean come on armour whores hardly ever die anyways and they bail the one time they are going to. :mad:
Frustrating for me as i only want to play trooper these days but if the armour is not being used properly then you have to take it before the noobs give it away to the enemy.

Having said that i do feel the overall standards of play have increased in recent months. Most times orders are followed and the bulk of players are playing as a team. :cool:

Soldato
Since the DAO-12 got the nerf... I mean every other gun got a damage and accuracy boost; Ive used engineer a bit more. I already favored it on shariq peninisula for the early game. Laying a couple of mines in the path of a speeding jeep always keeps me amused. Since remaining engineer after my first death Ive kept an eye out for the enemy tank spawning.

"Why does it have such an un-realistic feel to it. After all the patches it has had, the work on designing it and still you can't kill someone infront of you with 10 rounds to the chest!"

The guns have been improved already, and if guns where more effective; no one would go for flags just stay at their campsite and duckshoot.

If u want 1 shot kill snipers I recommend america's army, but personally I would rather play both and keep the differences between them. In America's army there is a lot more pressure not to die, since you're out for anything up to 10min then rather than 15sec in BF2. BF2 feels a lot more relaxed, and would be more noob friendly in that respect.

Back
Top Bottom