A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
I dont think they are all noobs but too many dont undstande good Strategy and just go around trying to kill.

Too often i see acp`a & tanks base raping but still most spawn back as assault, more fodder when they should be AT/Engineer/SpecOp something that can take them out.

Another one wich i see a lot is a driver and Engineers in tanks/acp`s takeing bases but when all is clear not one lays any mine making it easy for the other side to drive in & take the base back.
Yestarday i was in a squad i was the only engineer i would lay mines but you only get 5 so at the river on karkland with the train it would take all 5 to defend the flag as there are many ways in, i keept saying to my squad and side some else lay more mines but no one did so we keept on going round is circles between 2 bases taking & lettin them drive back in because i could only mine on base at a time because of stock. We Lost!

Associate
eekfek said:
you have to take into account lag, all games have it determined by everyones connection and the server.
then you have to consider the interpolate/prediction/latency, in other words the server is predicting your next position and the enemy moving infornt of you isnt actually always at the position your looking at , hence when you sometimes shoot at some1 and it looks like a hit it but it aint. (hitboxes)

1 shot kills in bf2 would ruin the game, its fine in counterstrike, with small maps and no vehicles and railguns in q3 etc etc .

realism again is NOT what bf2 is about, there are mods for that .

tip : change this file accordingly :- BACK UP ORIGINAL

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings\UserSettings.con

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.030 (for a ping of 30) <=- hence if you ping 80 try .080 etc etc ... its does work

Are there anymore things like this that can help for lag or reg?

Also i know the command to cap the fps but how can i make it perminant?

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
lol you should see what probs im gettin with this patch. Im running into combat bring up my sights and it black cant see anything. Sometimes the text on the stats sheet and squad sheet are black blocks. Press esc in game and the game quits completely. Cant be asked to reinstall atm.

Soldato
Anyone shed ANY light onto why after the incremental update I get the game freezing and the sound looping.

Have to do a complete reset on my PC to start again.

This is not good. I really like this game, but it is doing my head in.

Soldato
Magic_x_uk said:
Anyone shed ANY light onto why after the incremental update I get the game freezing and the sound looping.

Have to do a complete reset on my PC to start again.

This is not good. I really like this game, but it is doing my head in.
Try the full patch then.

Associate
Something honky is going on with the ranking system.

I just passed the 8,000 mark, and wasnt awarded my next rank in-game, bf2s.com shows that i had passed the point for the next rank and so does BF2 HQ in the game, but as yet it hasnt given it to me. Every other time it's told me while i've been playing... and usually more than once.

While im here, which is the best gun to go for: The Jackhammer, L 85A1 or the DAO-12?

I've been going nuts as an anti-tank dude lately, so maybe thats the best option.

Soldato
i like the jackhammer for the enginner class., a lot better than the standard one. Id go with that going by your choices.

as for your ranking, sometimes it takes some time for it to actually update. But when it happens you WILL be made aware of it when you sign on to BF2

Soldato
Yeah when i passed 8000 mark it took a few more games before i was awarded it but it pops up. Its the next rank that annoys me why they made it 20000 is beyond me, am just over 3000 of this one then its the jump too 50000 daft system if you ask me seeing as there is 3 ranks on 50k where you must have different badges etc.

Why they never made it something like 20k then 35k, then the jump too 50k would have been much better.

Last edited:
Associate
Jimbu said:
lol you should see what probs im gettin with this patch. Im running into combat bring up my sights and it black cant see anything. Sometimes the text on the stats sheet and squad sheet are black blocks. Press esc in game and the game quits completely. Cant be asked to reinstall atm.

I'm having that issue too - but it happened on the 'snowy level' of PoE2.

Is it happening on all maps for you?

Which graphics card do you have?

Associate
Jabbs said:
Yeah when i passed 8000 mark it took a few more games before i was awarded it but it pops up. Its the next rank that annoys me why they made it 20000 is beyond me, am just over 3000 of this one then its the jump too 50000 daft system if you ask me seeing as there is 3 ranks on 50k where you must have different badges etc.

Why they never made it something like 20k then 35k, then the jump too 50k would have been much better.

How do the three ranks work?

I am currently working towards my 20K too... it's a hell of a slog... then onto 50k!!

Soldato
I just don't understand the points requirements for ranks.
8k, 20k, 50k, 60k?
It makes no sense... 20k seems unattainable at the moment with a little over 9k under my belt. At least I have all the badge requirements upt o 60k 2nd lt.

Associate
Insanity said:
20k isnt a worry for me, its just getting the goddamn basic knife badge to get the rank when i do hit 20k. =/

Why do I need the knife badge?

Where can I read about the ranking requirements please?

Associate
i cant even get the patch, i went on last night and the last link on the eagames website just gave me a 'url not found' on all the patches (even linux).????

When i die and keep getting raped by tanks and such, i switch to anti tank and try and get rid of them before switching back.

Soldato
The knife one was the hardest imo, the pistol one i got easy but 7 knife kills was just a slog but i got it in the end, all i need is the basic command badge now but thats not counted in the 20rank for First Sergeant.

just been looking at the ranks again

Master Sergeant
· Score: 20,000

· Unlock Available
next rank

First Sergeant
· Score: 20,000

· Awards: Basic Knife Combat Badge, Basic Pistol Combat Badge, Basic Assault Combat Badge, Basic Anti-tank Combat Badge, Basic Sniper Combat Badge, Basic Spec Ops Combat Badge, Basic Support Combat Badge, Basic Engineer Combat Badge, Basic Medic Combat Badge

As i have the basic badges it says ill jump too the next which is First Sergeant and skip Master Sergeant but it doesn't say anything about the unlock, i hope i aint missed out now on the next lot of unlocks can anyone confirm who jumped to First sergeant did they get there 20k unlocks ?.

Last edited:
Associate
Yep you'll get your unlocks.

Basically you totally miss out the Master Sergeant rank, jump to First Sergeant then after that rank you'll go up to Sergeant Major.

I'm pretty sure that's how I did it.

Back
Top Bottom