A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
megatron said:
Before everyone starts doing that, think; exploits do spoil the game generally speaking.

EA, after how long changed the rules against team leaders being mobile spawn points; because people tend to exploit it?

Getting a pistol/knife badge on a pistol/knife server (which are against eh TOS, EA specifically prohibit server admins excluding weapons from the game), is lame enough; dont compound it by advocating "spawn camping".

Blackhawks used to be used as an fast and easy and undefendable way to cap flags at a rate the other team cant match without resorting to the same lame tactic. Im unclear wether its still possible to cap flags while riding in a chopper (thought they would change it), but choppers go down more easily now.

If there is an exploit, it doesnt mean u have to use it.

Spawn camping on a pistol/knife only server - that is just too much lameness. U need to be kicked back to boot camp.

The chopper capping still works :(

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Final8y said:
The chopper capping still works :(

not the way it used to tho.

you used to be able to cap a flag in 20secs in a full BH/mec cow whilst taking multiple tank rounds. these days only an idiot caps flags in a BH cos it takes far too long & your too vulnerable to any kinda weapons fire now.

Permabanned
Insanity said:
YAY! Got my knife badge too on a 24/7 Pistol + Knife (and apparently grenade) server. The first 6 kills were easy, the last one took a few minutes. Then the round was wrapping up, the other team had 8 ticks left and i got the dreaded "There is a problem with your connection" message and i almost vomited blood out my nose... luckily it cleared up. :D

How many kills do you need with the knife to get the badge? I had never been on a Pistol + Knife server til yesturday and it was quite fun!

Associate
Its amazing how many people in this thread have openly stated their BF2 names, then pages later declared they have, or do play on Knife/Pistol servers.

The RoE lot would have a field day if they ever came across this thread.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I thought the same to be honest.
I have never played on anything but a straight and legal server. This is probably why i Still haven't got my pistol badge after over a thousand hours. I have stopped trying now as whenever i do i just naturally switch back to rifle and waste the dude.
Knife was easy as it's such an efffective weapon, only yesterday i got 6 stabbings in a round and that was just for fun. Quickest and easiest way to kill in BF2 is prone with a knife. Doing 3 dudes in a row was some buzz i can tell you and best of all i was Commander. :p
Main base invasions Pffffffff Not on my watch :D

Associate
I got the pistol badge as a sniper. Shoot them in the chest with the sniper rifle, finish him off with the pistol!! You have to use the pistol at close range anyway if your a sniper!

Oh, and snipers make great targets for knife attacks!They just sit there all cosy in the hills. sneak up on him and cut his legs off!

Noticed your sig has changed slightly Malc30? It never used to say that underneath :D

Associate
Scoobie Dave said:
How many kills do you need with the knife to get the badge? I had never been on a Pistol + Knife server til yesturday and it was quite fun!
Seven.

Its such a stupid badge to have to get. It'd make more sense if the pistol badge was 7 or even 10 kills and the knife was 5. I suck with a knife, 99% of the time, it's pure luck if i even get one kill a round with a knife. The few times i've deliberately tried to get that badge i almost ended up with a Purple Heart instead.

1 pistol + knife server round, and one knife badge and thats it, i wont be going back.

Associate
G00SE said:
I got the pistol badge as a sniper. Shoot them in the chest with the sniper rifle, finish him off with the pistol!! You have to use the pistol at close range anyway if your a sniper!

Oh, and snipers make great targets for knife attacks!They just sit there all cosy in the hills. sneak up on him and cut his legs off!

Noticed your sig has changed slightly Malc30? It never used to say that underneath :D

I shoot bad guys with my SA80 then finnished then off with the pistol.
The most knife kills i have had IAR is 4, not an easy badge to get ! :(

Soldato
Deliverance said:
Its amazing how many people in this thread have openly stated their BF2 names, then pages later declared they have, or do play on Knife/Pistol servers.

The RoE lot would have a field day if they ever came across this thread.

i dont think RoE are bothered anymore and neither are most bf2 players.
stats mean nothing in fairness and if peeps wanna play on a pistol/knife server so what, not harming anyone are they.

its a game, i play it that way and have fun, which is what your meant to be doing isnt it ? ..

they should concentrate on stopping exploits or hax that directly affect all of us legit players.

Associate
Scoobie Dave said:
Right im gonna make it my mission to get seven kills with a knife in one round. :D

The easiest way is to wait for the medic whores. The medic first reaction when they seem a teammate go down is gets the paddles out and revive them straight away.

So you could knife another player, hide somewhere wait for the medic whores to dive on top with the paddles and then you jump on them (oo-er) and give them both the shaft (oo-er again) you just got three kills.

You can repeat this and you should get your knife badge in no time.

Permabanned
'Later this week there wil be a rather low key announcement that EA are officially dropping support for BF2; quote: "In preparation for the earlier than expected release of BF2142". Despite the public betas and extensive, and indeed very costly testing by DICE and partners, solutions to the outstanding and most notorious issues of BF2 post 1.3 have remained elusive.
Support for the game has dropped by nearly 50% since the release of patch 1.3 and ranked server rental by over 70%. With this in mind it is no longer feasible for EA to continue to support a game that has seemingly terminal problems the pursuit of solutions for which have run into a prohibitive area of cost.
EA gave a first sign of the imminent demise of bf2 by permanently closing all UK multiplay servers backed by its UK offices earlier this week, and by sending instructions to ranked server providers to wind down the service.
If BF2 end users will be disappointed by the lack of server support, the imminent end of EA's contract for player database storage with Gamespy may well raise tempers. EA's agreement with Gamespy ends on October 1, and as EA will use their own EA membership service to log player records for BF2142, the BF2 gamespy service will terminate on this date, meaning all current BF2 ranked players will lose all playing records.
The final BF2 patch release will be a new 1.4b patch, which will remove the log in screen function but as a small bonus will allow all bf2 players to have all unlock weapons ingame, hardly much reward for the hard work put in by the legions of let down bf2 fans.
somebdy at EA has some hard work to do over the next few days, and the success of BF2142 looks even more critical than ever for the PC gaming crowd.'

Wha? :eek: :(

Soldato
The problem with BF2 is that EA have always been playing catch up from the first release. It came out too early and on the face of it was never tested in the way that it should have been. The patch releases have been knee jerk reactions to an unhappy community.

It doenst fill me with confidence that BF2142 will have none of the bugs BF2 had

Soldato
Hlebio said:
'Later this week there wil be a rather low key announcement that EA are officially dropping support for BF2; quote: "In preparation for the earlier than expected release of BF2142". Despite the public betas and extensive, and indeed very costly testing by DICE and partners, solutions to the outstanding and most notorious issues of BF2 post 1.3 have remained elusive.
Support for the game has dropped by nearly 50% since the release of patch 1.3 and ranked server rental by over 70%. With this in mind it is no longer feasible for EA to continue to support a game that has seemingly terminal problems the pursuit of solutions for which have run into a prohibitive area of cost.
EA gave a first sign of the imminent demise of bf2 by permanently closing all UK multiplay servers backed by its UK offices earlier this week, and by sending instructions to ranked server providers to wind down the service.
If BF2 end users will be disappointed by the lack of server support, the imminent end of EA's contract for player database storage with Gamespy may well raise tempers. EA's agreement with Gamespy ends on October 1, and as EA will use their own EA membership service to log player records for BF2142, the BF2 gamespy service will terminate on this date, meaning all current BF2 ranked players will lose all playing records.
The final BF2 patch release will be a new 1.4b patch, which will remove the log in screen function but as a small bonus will allow all bf2 players to have all unlock weapons ingame, hardly much reward for the hard work put in by the legions of let down bf2 fans.
somebdy at EA has some hard work to do over the next few days, and the success of BF2142 looks even more critical than ever for the PC gaming crowd.'

Wha? :eek: :(

Wan**** springs to mind, i hope 2142 is a flop now what a way to treat people that have spent money on this game.

Associate
I'll be staying clear of BF 2.142 and any other EA game, there support is beyond a joke. Money Grabbers springs to mind. I guess business is business though.

"Fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me"

Back
Top Bottom