A friend and the cat.

Soldato
I didnt say that did I...

A domestic cat can survive outside. If a cat has been used to a warm house then it's rather unfair to lock it outside in the cold.

You asked how they survived before humans domesticated them and I gave you the answer I never said they wouldn't survive now.

What happened to leaving it in the kitchen? :confused:

Soldato
What are we discussing now then :D.

Assuming she's got a litter tray in there then close the door when you go to bed and hopefully you won't have any mess to wake up to.

Might take her a while though as the front mat has been her litter tray for a while.

Hope it's not a carpeted kitchen.

Associate
How did cats survive so long before humans took them in and domesticated them???

Homeless humans often survive for some period of time, it doesn't mean they enjoy the winters and bad weather.
I like going out in the cold winter with suitable clothing on, but I wouldn't want to stay all day outside.

Cats love warmth.

I've never experienced a cat that urinated in a house outside of a litter tray. If it does it's either been cared for wrongly before you got it, or you care for it wrongly. It's not normal.

Last edited:
Soldato
You're being cruel, not least because of previous expectations (ie it's not like it's been a semi-feral farm cat since birth).

I don't know why you're completely ignoring the urination issues. A house move, newborn or any change can be incredibly stressful for a cat. It's not like you can explain things to it.

Have you even tried feliway or anything?

Regardless now, if your wife doesn't care or love it then try and rehome it.

Caporegime
Your wife "got bored" of her cat? An animal which she chose to force to live with her. And now basically wants rid of, and considers a nuisance.

As others have said, she shouldn't have more animals, since she clearly has no sense of responsibility for their well-being.

Esp if the cat is getting on a bit to just lose interest and want to ditch her is very cold.

Why would the cat be "terrified" out side?

Do have children? Do you treat them the same?

How did cats survive so long before humans took them in and domesticated them???

what a ridiculous load of questions. This isn't the first time I've heard such nonsense and every time it happens I always wonder the IQ of the people that say it but then forget that we too are animals that also survived outside before we became domesticated. Put a 10 year old child (who will be smarter and more understanding than a cat) outside in a fur coat and see how it feels even in the day, or to make it a fairer comparison an old man. It's dangerous as **** for a cat to sleep outside right now at night and in the day time especially as they get older. Their hearing gets worse, their reactions worse, they're weaker, slower, less sense of smell. No cat of age that's lived inside wants to be forced outside even if it is allowed back in at night time.

I'm glad you've made the right decision to re-home. Your friend is owed a thank you and apology.

Last edited:
Soldato
A cat is for life, not just a temporary thing to relieve boredom.

You should move some things around in the house and let the cat live out its days in peace.

Also next time think more carefully before getting a pet.

Associate
OP
After reading all the answers I can see that there are 2 groups of people here animal people and non animal people.

Last edited:
Associate
I love the way your wife has given up with the cat, CBA. Tremendous. Take that as a warning !!!

One thing this thread confirms, doesnt matter which one, pussy causes nothing but problems.

SBK

Caporegime
After reading all the answers I can see that there are 2 groups of people here animal people and non animal people.

Humans are animals, we are all quite literally animal people.

In this thread there are two types of animal, people who realise that animals need care and attention and act out if they don't get it, and those who think animals are disposable.

Soldato
You're being cruel, not least because of previous expectations (ie it's not like it's been a semi-feral farm cat since birth).

I don't know why you're completely ignoring the urination issues. A house move, newborn or any change can be incredibly stressful for a cat. It's not like you can explain things to it.

Have you even tried feliway or anything?

Regardless now, if your wife doesn't care or love it then try and rehome it.

Been raised many times in this thread and I feel the OP is ignoring the reason behind the cat's stress

Back
Top Bottom