A HIGH FPS GAMERS DREAM: INTEL 8086K & 9900K BUNDLES WITH FREE STUFF!!

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo how does the 9900k bundle compare performance wise to say picking up the 9900k with say the Strix Z390-e and Team Group Xtreem edition 16gb DDR 4 4500mhz 8pack ram?
I can take or leave the freebies as nice as they may be :)

Not sure on that mainboard but I know for high memory frequencies the Asus Gene is the favourite.

Soldato
@Gibbo how does the 9900k bundle compare performance wise to say picking up the 9900k with say the Strix Z390-e and Team Group Xtreem edition 16gb DDR 4 4500mhz 8pack ram?
I can take or leave the freebies as nice as they may be :)

Push the hero is doing Asus, or mATX gene if going for High ram - might be able to push that 4500hz higher. Long as your not doing avx work will be fine, if so then Use top down cooler as VRM will get hot ! You can see why Gigabyte loaded 12 phases and others have followed by increasing theirs :)

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh so you recommend this bundle?

For its worth and what you get yes . But if someone is use to a brand and hasn't had issue then can't argue against it, not at flagship level boards ( bar Xtreme and Meg being £500-600... Whhaaaaa)

Funny enough Aorus/Gigabyte have every component to build their own system but won't like Asus/MSI - don't want to upset resellers

Soldato
Hmmmm I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on this as I've got to open up my system anyway a lot sooner than planned as per my other thread. I have always tended to go with asus for some reason, though I've seen a lot of good things about Gigabyte on these forums.

Soldato
I was looking at the 8086k deal and comparing it to the AMD 2700x bundle, but both have gone up in price :(
Yea I think the deal ran a week longer than it sound have done as well. I almost pulled the trigger on the 9900k bundle but I think I'll wait another 6 months and put some more funds together

Soldato
I've just pulled the trigger on the 9900k bundle, its a lot of money but if it lasts me half as long as my 3930k stuff has it will be worth it.

Soldato
Push the hero is doing Asus, or mATX gene if going for High ram - might be able to push that 4500hz higher. Long as your not doing avx work will be fine, if so then Use top down cooler as VRM will get hot ! You can see why Gigabyte loaded 12 phases and others have followed by increasing theirs :)

The Gene is amazing with ram, 4133mhz C12 and tight subs is easy, not for 24/7 though.
Word of caution though to other Gene owners, do not update to 0602 bios, caused big instability issues for me.

Just testing chip.

Soldato
@Nickolp1974 should be to, mini Extreme :D

hopefully you'll be able to push higher on the ram being 2 dimm slot design ? asus greatest strength there

5.4ghz nice! bet if you went through the effort of delid and lapping that chip it'll hold that speed nicely and with temps but one hell of a mission

also is a very expensive board with lessor audio and no bifurcation?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £595.08 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Last edited:
Soldato
@Nickolp1974 should be to, mini Extreme :D

hopefully you'll be able to push higher on the ram being 2 dimm slot design ? asus greatest strength there

5.4ghz nice! bet if you went through the effort of delid and lapping that chip it'll hold that speed nicely and with temps but one hell of a mission

also is a very expensive board with lessor audio and no bifurcation?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £595.08 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Yeah it's expensive but it does what i want, I like tweaking! I won't be delidding, I just may increase the cooling.

Soldato
Yeah it's expensive but it does what i want, I like tweaking! I won't be delidding, I just may increase the cooling.

how you finding the AI CPU detector thing ?

also found LLC level 3/4 to be the best - sticks closely to what voltage i've set and doesn't overload to compensate , though does mean entering in slightly higher voltage

Soldato
how you finding the AI CPU detector thing ?

also found LLC level 3/4 to be the best - sticks closely to what voltage i've set and doesn't overload to compensate , though does mean entering in slightly higher voltage

The prediction thing? Never use auto OC or anything. I use LLC at level 6 seems ok, but only gone for all out instead of 24/7 stability, I'll be working all that out this week.

Back
Top Bottom