A HIGH FPS GAMERS DREAM: INTEL 8086K & 9900K BUNDLES WITH FREE STUFF!!

Soldato
Do you get the OEM version of the i9 processor in that cool hexagon shaped case?

Edit: OK so ive read that there are no premium cases in the UK yet... So id assume you dont get the hexagonal case. Does it come in a box at least? Sorry for the dumb question....

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you get the OEM version of the i9 processor in that cool hexagon shaped case?

Edit: OK so ive read that there are no premium cases in the UK yet... So id assume you dont get the hexagonal case. Does it come in a box at least? Sorry for the dumb question....

why would you care about the packaging.. hopefully the CPU is going in your pc not on your mantle piece? .. if anything all IT should be sent brown boxed etc.

Soldato

last time i had Tray/OEM, it comes in a very small white box with padding on the inside

OcUK Staff
OP
Resale buddy. @Gibbo can you please confirm the OEM processor packaging? Thanks

Comes in a very basic foam padded white box, how we've shipped OEM for years.

They arrive to use on trays of 21, we remove from trays and put into small white boxes for webshop sales to some what protect the CPU, so yes don't be surprised if there is finger print on CPU as warehouse guys handle them to put them in the little boxes, though they are told to wear gloves.

Associate
Comes in a very basic foam padded white box, how we've shipped OEM for years.

They arrive to use on trays of 21, we remove from trays and put into small white boxes for webshop sales to some what protect the CPU, so yes don't be surprised if there is finger print on CPU as warehouse guys handle them to put them in the little boxes, though they are told to wear gloves.
They aren't listening :p

Cleans right off with alcohol before applying TIM anyway.

Soldato
Shame really as it's kinda a deal breaker for me not having an "official" box. Yes yes I know, I shouldnt care as it's just slotting into the motherboard.. I'll think a bit more about it...

Thanks @Gibbo for confirming by the way

OcUK Staff
OP
They aren't listening :p

Cleans right off with alcohol before applying TIM anyway.

I've emailed the warehouse manager to enforce tray CPU's are handled with gloves, I know its only a finger print but when you drop £600 or in case of a 7980xe like £2000 on a CPU you expect it to be spotless.

OcUK Staff
OP
Shame really as it's kinda a deal breaker for me not having an "official" box. Yes yes I know, I shouldnt care as it's just slotting into the motherboard.. I'll think a bit more about it...

Thanks @Gibbo for confirming by the way

First batch of retails land tomorrow fingers crossed. :)
Then more next week which should clear all the pre-orders, unfortunately this second batch has cost us £100 more than first batch due to been grey stock, hence the supplier wanted big money for them.

Soldato
First batch of retails land tomorrow fingers crossed. :)
Then more next week which should clear all the pre-orders, unfortunately this second batch has cost us £100 more than first batch due to been grey stock, hence the supplier wanted big money for them.
Yes but they won't be part of this deal will they. You prob don't read this much but it must be hard for you to be consistent with prices when suppliers move them around like they do

OcUK Staff
OP
Yes but they won't be part of this deal will they. You prob don't read this much but it must be hard for you to be consistent with prices when suppliers move them around like they do

Why we put the price higher, as the second batch was pretty much what we were selling for previously but right now its better to have expensive stock, fulfill the back orders and have product rather than have nothing at all, because if I don't buy it a competitor will.

No retail stock would not be used for these bundles anyway due to retail stock being so hard to source.

Soldato
Why we put the price higher, as the second batch was pretty much what we were selling for previously but right now its better to have expensive stock, fulfill the back orders and have product rather than have nothing at all, because if I don't buy it a competitor will.

No retail stock would not be used for these bundles anyway due to retail stock being so hard to source.
Yea makes complete sense.

Soldato
@Gibbo how does the 9900k bundle compare performance wise to say picking up the 9900k with say the Strix Z390-e and Team Group Xtreem edition 16gb DDR 4 4500mhz 8pack ram?
I can take or leave the freebies as nice as they may be :)

Back
Top Bottom