A5 iphone 4s and iPad 2 Jailbreak Complete!

Soldato
After patiently waiting for a JB for my iPad2 I managed to Jailbreak mine yesterday...... today I will restore back to stock iOS. As per so many people's comments in here I cannot see the benefits.

In my (albeit brief) experience I wouldn't consider 99% of the apps on Cydia useful. In fact, even when Googling the "Top 10 JB'ed apps for iPad" I still wasn't directed towards anything useful.

Compared with the gains made when JB-ing the ATV2 I was massively disappointed.

Just my views, but thought I'd share.

lolz, just lolz :D

Associate
Jailbreaking. It's basically like driving on a motorway. You'll reach your destination but imagine if you could use create your own slip roads to get there quicker.

Plus, the freedom to do what you like with your kit is just awesome. Just look at how popular it is. People aren't just doing it cos they can! I waited until the iPad 1 could be jail broken before I got one.

Soldato
Nope, can't see the attraction either - I've always played about with JB'ing since original iphone days, for the phone's there's a few cool bits but for ipad's jailbreaking is pretty pointless. The only thing it's done for is free apps.

The iphone has a stronger use for jailbreaking than the ipad due to how much we use each device. For me the appearance is something I always want to tweak so theres that. Then theres making it quick to navigate where I want to go with shortcuts etc etc. playable content otherwise restricted.

iPad doesnt have anywhere near the cool tweaks the iphone does. But iphone = needs jailbreaking for me.

Soldato
I've got the iPad 2 and i won't be jailbreaking it, apart from cracked applications there's no reason i'd want to do it! 90% of my time is spent using Safari on the iPad, and there's not exactly much you can do with that.

Associate
I have always jail broke my ipad. I really do not like gui of the iphone of ipad. The stock icons are ugly in my opinion so i jailbreak mine for the customization of the icons.

Also i like sb settings as it is easier than scrolling through menu's.

Soldato
Its a fair point. Some people don't really find it useful or beneficial. Each to their own.

yeah i know, but the way i look at it, cydia opens up a whole new world for the device, the simplest of tools TWEETLONGER for instance, simple yet very very handy and you wont get this from the app store

like you say, each to their own

Soldato
Just JB'd my 4S no bother.

I'd really like to be able to turn the passcode off if I'm connected to a certain network.

Anyone know of an app than can do this?

Soldato
I really do not like gui of the iphone of ipad. The stock icons are ugly in my opinion so i jailbreak mine for the customization of the icons.

THIS!
Plus the benefits of SBSettings, LockInfo, BiteSMS are just too great. They cut out so much faffing about going through menu's.

SIRI has just got useful now aswell with a few tweeks released yesterday where you can just tell SIRI to turn on/off BT, Wifi etc, open apps, reboot, respring, turn off.....

I personally wouldn't own an iPhone if i couldn't jailbreak it.

Soldato
THIS!
Plus the benefits of SBSettings, LockInfo, BiteSMS are just too great. They cut out so much faffing about going through menu's.

SIRI has just got useful now aswell with a few tweeks released yesterday where you can just tell SIRI to turn on/off BT, Wifi etc, open apps, reboot, respring, turn off.....

I personally wouldn't own an iPhone if i couldn't jailbreak it.
As much as I would like to customise my icons etc, I don't see me trying to figure it all out. It's not like I stare at my springboard.. I will probably try it one day I'm bored (and once I've sorted out my battery issues)

Siri got a bit more useful but its still quicker disabling WiFi, opening apps manually most likely (and it can only open Apple stock apps right?) I tried it earlier and it didn't work anyway for some reason.

Few issues with LockInfo, one is that there are no music controlls, with BiteSMS there's quick reply so I'm struggling to see how these work together; can't reply to texts from LockInfo :s? Need to look at it more.

Last edited:
Associate
my main reason for jailbreaking it was to use sbsettings for quicker wifi on off, with the apple system its such a pita having to go through settings etc.
at least with sb its just a simple swipe then tap job done :D

Soldato
Ok, Jailbreak noob here.

I have jailbroke all ok, then I open up Cydia and I see loads of apps that are very expensive, $10 etc. There doesn't seem to be anything I want anyway. I have no need to change the icons.

What is the point in this for me?

Soldato
As much as I would like to customise my icons etc, I don't see me trying to figure it all out. It's not like I stare at my springboard.. I will probably try it one day I'm bored (and once I've sorted out my battery issues)

My mobile is the one thing that i have with me all the time so i like to have it how i want it. We do it to our houses, cars etc so i see the phone as another extension.

Siri got a bit more useful but its still quicker disabling WiFi, opening apps manually most likely (and it can only open Apple stock apps right?) I tried it earlier and it didn't work anyway for some reason.

Not when your driving. With the BT on my car, the "Handfree Control" cydia app and the added commands its very useful as you don't need to touch the phone. It can open ANY app. Atleast it does for me.

Few issues with LockInfo, one is that there are no music controlls, with BiteSMS there's quick reply so I'm struggling to see how these work together; can't reply to texts from LockInfo :s? Need to look at it more.

You can reply to BiteSMS texts from LockInfo directly on the lockscreen without unlocking your phone.

See above.

Last edited:
Soldato
See above.
Good point with the BT, that is one place I can see Siri being very useful if it's good with your speach recognition.

Well bitesms pops up the quick reply screen ontop of lockinfo, so yes i can reply from there. If i click the close box or whatever it is, the message shows under messages in LockInfo, not sure how I reply from there though. (Would look but phone on charge) Dead-80% in 1 hour 15...:confused:

Soldato
Good point with the BT, that is one place I can see Siri being very useful if it's good with your speach recognition.

Well bitesms pops up the quick reply screen ontop of lockinfo, so yes i can reply from there. If i click the close box or whatever it is, the message shows under messages in LockInfo, not sure how I reply from there though. (Would look but phone on charge) Dead-80% in 1 hour 15...:confused:

Its in Lockinfo SMS plugin settings. Change tap action to BiteSMS QC.
I don't like the pop up so i turn it off (for privacy) so it just shows in LockInfo.

Back
Top Bottom