A8R32-MVP what is it

Associate
Vogon said:
Now you have crossed some wires (or I have lol ;) )

my #91 post was in reply to Dr Who :)

knit one purl one LOL

sorry but the thread is a bit messy ( added to by my confussion ) in refering to a mb we know and one we dont

we will have to wait to see what the ar32-mvp has to offer when they arrive

Soldato
#91 not #95 reply :p
I would expect crossfire 1900's to beat crossfire 1800's ;)

BTW .. you ruined a perfectly good ZX12R (well OK it could use a styling makeover but not much else ... to build a damn car ??? lol wassamatter widgu, still much more fun on two wheels than 4 :p :D

Associate
I got my A8R32-MVP yesterday, and it's a pretty sweet board. Some weird software issues though. Catalyst 6.2 acts weird from time to time. :)
And I can't get ATI Tool to work with my X1900XT. Have you guys tried the latest ATI Tool beta?

Overclocking with this mobo is awesome though. A lot of mysterious settings to play around with. :D

Hi ocuk by the way. :cool:

Soldato
hmm .. a tad annoying not finding anywere selling .. but then its acedemic now ... the A8R is about to head off to MM as I want a more stable overclocking platform for my Opty 170, and crossfire is fine for benchies ... but as 2 of my main games don't benefit from it , one fast card will do for me ;)

Back to tried and trusted Nvidia Nforce 4 to go with my X1900 and Opty :p

Having said that .. I might have "tried out" the new board had I been able to get one .. but then Asus are not in my good books atm ;)

Associate
IbaneZ said:
I got my A8R32-MVP yesterday, and it's a pretty sweet board. Some weird software issues though. Catalyst 6.2 acts weird from time to time. :)
And I can't get ATI Tool to work with my X1900XT. Have you guys tried the latest ATI Tool beta?

Overclocking with this mobo is awesome though. A lot of mysterious settings to play around with. :D

Welcome to ocuk IbaneZ. How far have you been able to push it in terms of core speed and HTT? :)

Associate
IbaneZ said:

Hi , welcome to the forums , i dont think ati tool support the new cards do they , and have you tried memtest yet , coz i havent found a version that supports the chipset either

Soldato
ATi tool will work but you need to disable overclocking on install .... unless you are running crossfire in which case it will foobar it all until they support that :)

Memtest doesn't support the RD480 either .. but you can still test on it .. just won't get the full details of timings.

Associate
Vogon said:
ATi tool will work but you need to disable overclocking on install .... unless you are running crossfire in which case it will foobar it all until they support that :)

Memtest doesn't support the RD480 either .. but you can still test on it .. just won't get the full details of timings.

Disable overclocking? ATI tool worked fine with my X1900XT when i had an NF4 mobo though. But now with the RD580 chipset ATI tool freaks out. :) It detects the wrong core/mem speeds, and i can't change fan speeds etc.

cyclepath said:
Welcome to ocuk IbaneZ. How far have you been able to push it in terms of core speed and HTT? :)

I haven't really pushed the board yet. But i'm running my X2 3800 at 2.7 GHz now (9x300). Seems stable enough. HTT set at 4X.

Soldato
Sorry .. ati tool / ati tray tools ... always get confused !
Ati tool works fine for me with x19 and RD480, so must be the 580 thats confusing it.

Associate
Can anyone confirm that this board will allow undervolting, as I don't mind dropping the cpu speed a little and being able to reduce the voltages really help bring down the temps, and therefore noise levels.
I ask this as my last Asus experience (A7V133), even though it allowed you to select lower voltages in the bios, the core voltages were never actually reduced below the CPU defaults...

Associate
Hi , i will check the undervolting for you later and edit this post

(edit) I can confirm that undervolting does work , set to 1.3v and i got 1.32 , usually at 1.45

Last edited:
Associate
Andyr
when you come back to the thread , have you any missgivens about this board as i have one on pre.

as you seem to be one of the five who have this board in the wild and can speak without a NDA on your back how are you finding it

Associate
lordedmond said:
Andyr
when you come back to the thread , have you any missgivens about this board as i have one on pre.

as you seem to be one of the five who have this board in the wild and can speak without a NDA on your back how are you finding it

Hi , no i dont have a NDA or anything ( what is one anyway )

I read the anandtech review before it disappeared then came back and they said you can just plough into big overclocks , well i started off doing that and it worked then i seem to have gone a little backwards running at stock as i have had some graphics issues not on benchies but in heavy games like Pacific fighters and conterstrike source , i am down to trying to bottom this issue before moving on with the clocks , i am in touch with asus over the graphics and they are getting a bit more interested in the problem now after first of all asking me to flash it with A8v - MVP bios which of course would never of worked, i still like the board and my graphics issue might just be down to a dodgy slave card even "who knows" i will find the answer soon i think , the bios is pretty crash free though as i have really tested that one :) The sound , lan , usb , sata all seem fine and i will be happy when my graphics get sorted and i get use to the bios a bit more the options are good but you wont get 1.7v core if you are the extreme overclocker just 1.65

Soldato
Vogon said:
#91 not #95 reply :p
I would expect crossfire 1900's to beat crossfire 1800's ;)

BTW .. you ruined a perfectly good ZX12R (well OK it could use a styling makeover but not much else ... to build a damn car ??? lol wassamatter widgu, still much more fun on two wheels than 4 :p :D

Nah someone else did the ruining, I just salvaged what was left and built a car from it...

0-60 3 seconds, 130mph... 540kg's yeah much more fun than 2 wheels... try drifting a bike like you can this baby...

Sorry o/t

;)

Associate
After the hassles I (as well as many others) had with the Asus A8R-MVP, there's no way I'm buying another Asus board, they just don't give a toss about their customers. Looking on the Asus UK site, it would seem they have pulled the A8R-MVP from their lineup, I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom