Acer 8371/3810 Owners Thread

Soldato
Mine arrived today, really pleased with it.

Does anyone have any nice cases they can recommend for it?

In the new year I might see about getting hold of Win7 and a different HDD as well as starting to tweak the settings.

Associate
I've not played black ops on it, but someone had a video on youtube playing it with a lower graphics card so should work fine. You might have to set low- medium settings

Associate
Tv Tuner?

Do those that have the laptop think it would take a TV Tuner in the mini pci slot that some have said would take a 3G modem?

something like the Avermedia A306, DiBCom DIB7700, Lite-on TVT-1060 or Yuan MC 770A that can be found for about £15?

I dont know about an antenna though, would using the second wifi antenna be good enough for DVB-T?
I'd doubt it, but could work! I've seen a few long,slim PCB's that fit along the side or top/bottom of screen casing but doubt there would be room for one...

Man of Honour
Do those that have the laptop think it would take a TV Tuner in the mini pci slot that some have said would take a 3G modem?

something like the Avermedia A306, DiBCom DIB7700, Lite-on TVT-1060 or Yuan MC 770A that can be found for about £15?

I dont know about an antenna though, would using the second wifi antenna be good enough for DVB-T?
I'd doubt it, but could work! I've seen a few long,slim PCB's that fit along the side or top/bottom of screen casing but doubt there would be room for one...

Card might fit but I'm not sure if using the Wifi Antenna would do for DVB-T reception.

Back
Top Bottom