Acer B326HUL 32" Widescreen LED Professional/Gaming Slim Bezel Flicker Free Monitor -

Associate
Mine arrived today, I'm loving all this screen real estate!

I had a two Samsung 226BW's (22", 16 x 10 TN panel). They were bought some time apart, the second bought 2nd hand, but was actually better than my original!

I wanted to go back to a single large monitor but my eyesight is not up to the 27" 1440 panels. I have a 16" laptop with a 1080 screen and that is a real struggle, so I wanted to keep the pixel pitch around the same as my old 16x10 screens, which a 32" 16x9 does at 2560 x 1440. I was tempted by the 21x9 screens, but I don't watch films often enough and the extra height of this size was a major benefit.

As others have said, this is a big monitor, not as wide as my 2 22" screens but much taller, it will take a while to get used to the extra height.

The coating is just about right, very little glare, and it doesn't 'soften' the image to my eyes.

I hated the glossy plastic of my Samsung screens, this Acer is much more understated and less distracting. Yes it's a bit boxy and square, if I wanted 'stylish' I would have looked elsewhere.

I've played around with the settings a bit, but only made it worse. I have tried a video, much as I expected from a low-res tv grab it looks much like my old Samsung did, but brighter.

So far I'm well pleased.

BTW, when shopping for monitors why is it so difficult to get actual visible screen sizes out of the manufacturers? Some don't publish the pixel pitch either. I know there are sites where you can get the approximate dimensions from the diagonals, but not all 24" screens (for example) are the same actual size.

Associate
It's great to hear views from those of you who have purchased this screen. I'm really tempted, want to go back to a VA panel after having an IPS. Miss those inky blacks!

Does anyone know if they will display 50hz without judder? Or say 24hz without mixing it back to 60hz.

My current dell 29 is great, displays 72hz and is really good for films but it doesn't have the same punch with respect to picture at night. This monster would most definitely give that. If anyone could give it a try I would be most grateful ��

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine arrived today. Set it up and yes it does indeed feel very premium indeed. Options and buttons are a delight to use compared to some other types and I was able to get the screen how I like it. Desktop is nice and sharp and vivid, I was surprised that going from 27 to 32 I'd notice the lack of detail I had going from 27 1080p to 27 1440p. I was beginning to feel well about this monitor. Loaded up some full HD video's which imho looked extremely decent and panel being VA had none of the horrific ips glow I hate so much. Viewing angles are pleasing and depth of field and blacks is what I'd expected from this panel. I returned a BenQ 1440 pls panel because of poor build, backlight bleed and nasty ips glow in corners. The Acer is great for desktop and video. Moving windows about seems natural to me and I noticed nothing that was out of the ordinary.
Onto gaming and I fired up Grid 2 and it was excellent. Alien Isolation was again, to me judder and motion lag free. Far Cry 4 looked simply stunning at full wack with max everything. Again nothing to annoy me with lag or ghosting that I could detect. I'm looking for ghosting and judder in games and tbh there is nothing I could visually see. I've not yet seen any monitor over 60htz and I don't think I want too at the present as to my eyes what I'm viewing seems to beat my expectations.
I wouldn't go as far as to say this is the best screen I've seen but when reading up I hear of people moaning about input lag, ghosting and general loss of fluidity on 60 htz compared to 120/144 etc etc. I'm happy currently with 60htz screens and if you like me haven't been made aware of benefits of faster refreshing screens and don't get to hung up on it or worried that you must have G sync and 100 htz plus screens I think you may well like this. Size is everything and you have to sit further back with this monster screen but I used a 32 hdtv for a second monitor for a while a got used to the size albeit at 1080p. I'm no hard core reviewer but if you want big, decent well made screen for a bargain price. This will fit the bill. If your worried over lag input, Black's, viewing angles and screen refresh you may need to see this unit first. I took a while leap but I'm happier for it.

Soldato
It's great to hear views from those of you who have purchased this screen. I'm really tempted, want to go back to a VA panel after having an IPS. Miss those inky blacks!

Does anyone know if they will display 50hz without judder? Or say 24hz without mixing it back to 60hz.

My current dell 29 is great, displays 72hz and is really good for films but it doesn't have the same punch with respect to picture at night. This monster would most definitely give that. If anyone could give it a try I would be most grateful ��

It's no Plasma or OLED, but no one should be expecting that anyway. As far as an LCD for TV and movies go though I'm going to guess this will be fantastic. Will have to get some bluray rips on it and see how it fares.

Also to anyone wondering about the pixel pitch, I can see a lot of people really liking it. I was worried compared to a 27" it would look soft but it's nothing like, if anything it's just easier on the eyes. It still looks plenty detailed when you need it, and I'd take the extra size over the tighter pixels. Feels like having a huge light box to move things around in.

And no bleed or dead pixels :cool:

Caporegime
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is a perfect alternative to a 34" Ultrawide where you won't get the aspect problems associated with them (I've had the 34" LG, had some AR problems in games and TV eps) :)

As for judder I loaded up CoD:AW earlier and found I had *massive* problems with it!! Weird I thought, was fine with my HP. Turned off VSync and it was perfectly fine (just a touch of tearing just response was great) :cool:

Associate
I'm so tempted by this.

It's cheap. It's big. It's 1440p.

Plus I can sit back and see how things develop in the ultra wide/4k/g-sync/freesync world, as there's clearly lots going on in the monitor market....

Associate
No competitive gaming but searching around for reviews I found one stating they would not recommend it at all for any form of gaming. Sounds a bit extreme. What's the opinion on PS4 and PC casual gaming with this monitor? Thanks.

Soldato
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is a perfect alternative to a 34" Ultrawide where you won't get the aspect problems associated with them (I've had the 34" LG, had some AR problems in games and TV eps) :)

As for judder I loaded up CoD:AW earlier and found I had *massive* problems with it!! Weird I thought, was fine with my HP. Turned off VSync and it was perfectly fine (just a touch of tearing just response was great) :cool:

Not to mention if you're going for a flat panel there is a lot of a 34" panel at quite an angle from your eyes, leading to lots of glow. That and you need to buy about 4 before you get a good one :p

I think this is more than big enough for a main monitor. If I need more space, which I often do, I just have second or third monitors, which I can also angle better to look straight at me.

Soldato
I need to find some calibration software I can pair up with my i1 Spectro. All the machines at work have Color Navigator on them but that won't work with the Acer. I tried something on the AOC but it was a bit naff, I need to have another look online for a good free/trial option. I also need to read the manual and work out the difference between what it's doing with the contrast slider and what the RGB gain values do in the colour temp section as they also have a large effect on peak white. Been ages since I've had to do more than click a button to adjust a monitor! :p

Hopefully I can steal a little time at work tomorrow to properly mess around. Either way I think barring a catastrophe it's done enough to show me it's worth keeping. It's a very impressive bit of kit for the price.

Associate
A couple of people have mentioned going for the BenQ over this, but it's 25% more expensive - big difference. Just wondered what the main reasons were?

OcUK Staff
A couple of people have mentioned going for the BenQ over this, but it's 25% more expensive - big difference. Just wondered what the main reasons were?

I am gonna put the BenQ on the Black Friday deals in short while, but wont be anywhere near as good price as this.

Soldato
I spoke too damn soon, a dark line has developed down the centre left of the screen :( Looks like part of the backlight has gone. On the upside, replacement already scheduled for delivery tomorrow with collection of this unit also tomorrow; The most ridiculously good service. I only started the online chat 5 minutes ago!

If anyone has one and also has Photoshop - Could they possibly pop up a full screen 50% grey and tell me if they see anything? I'm not expecting perfect uniformity, just making sure I don't get stuck in a loop of returns chasing something the monitor isn't capable of, either by design or QC.

Edit: Better yet, just set a grey on a clean desktop background?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom