Acer B326HUL 32" Widescreen LED Professional/Gaming Slim Bezel Flicker Free Monitor -

Soldato
I spoke too damn soon, a dark line has developed down the centre left of the screen :( Looks like part of the backlight has gone. On the upside, replacement already scheduled for delivery tomorrow with collection of this unit also tomorrow; The most ridiculously good service. I only started the online chat 5 minutes ago!

If anyone has one and also has Photoshop - Could they possibly pop up a full screen 50% grey and tell me if they see anything? I'm not expecting perfect uniformity, just making sure I don't get stuck in a loop of returns chasing something the monitor isn't capable of, either by design or QC.

They are quick like that ;)

Associate
Hmm won't I get stung with a restocking fee if I unpack the Acer though? (I'm thinking that the BenQ is hopefully going to be the one!)

Associate
Aargh noo!

The price difference is too big to ignore between the Samsung and the BenQ.

Gibbo - any chance of the benQ being more in line with the Samsung price wise?

Soldato
Which is better between the Acer and Samsung? I know the Acer doesn't use pwm, I believe the Samsung does.

PWM vs overdrive. Though I have read a user on another forum found the blacks on the Samsung appear darker at the bottom because of their funky bezels which may/may not be of concern to you.

Associate
I prefer the look of the Samsung, not sure how I'll respond to pwm but I've not had any issues with previous screens which no doubt some will have used pwm.

Overdrive is useful. Input lag is around 30-35ms on the Samsung, is that noticeable? I'm guessing the Acer and benq will post similar figures.

Edging towards the Samsung right now.

Associate
The BenQ measures at 23ms according to Linus. The price hurts, but I'm tempted to stick with the BenQ.

although I have the sealed Acer box sitting right next to me....... (it's massive!)

Associate
I'm planning on putting my current screen on the bay tomorrow. So I need to make a decision!

Benq wouldve been no1 but the price is too much over the alternatives. Input lag on the Samsung is average, wonder if the Acer is any better.

I reckon you'll prefer the BenQ over the Acer, it just has more features. Only issue will be if it has any glaring faults (fingers crossed there won't be any!).

Associate
Holy smokes! Samsung went down too?!

In case any issues, is OCUK pay for returning the item?

I'm banned from MM here (have no idea why, sent many messages in the past about it, never got reply), but putting out my Hazro 27" for sale to get either Samsung or Acer. Would like to get BenQ, but above £400 is too much for me.

Is the price drop only for today?

Associate
I thought members market was only open to Forum members with 1000+ posts?

I'm going for the Acer, can't ignore the price, doesn't have pwm and will calibrate just as well as the other two (hopefully!)

Associate
I thought members market was only open to Forum members with 1000+ posts?

I'm going for the Acer, can't ignore the price, doesn't have pwm and will calibrate just as well as the other two (hopefully!)

Is it? weird, I was a member few years ago.

Anyway - Acer also have flicker free which I wanted to get!

Back
Top Bottom