Acer B326HUL 32" Widescreen LED Professional/Gaming Slim Bezel Flicker Free Monitor -

Associate
Depends how serious a gamer you are. For fps I think you may be a bit disappointed but for other less twitchy games I reckon it will be good, barring high input lag that is!

I'll post what I think of it tomorrow, I'm no hardcore gamer though.

Will test out borderlands and dragon age.

Associate
Then honestly I wouldn't go for this panel, better off with a faster TN or even IPS panel. The eizo foris is a very fast VA panel as well.

I could be wrong and this screen might be more than adequate, I'll update tomorrow with my findings.

OcUK Staff
Holy smokes! Samsung went down too?!

In case any issues, is OCUK pay for returning the item?

I'm banned from MM here (have no idea why, sent many messages in the past about it, never got reply), but putting out my Hazro 27" for sale to get either Samsung or Acer. Would like to get BenQ, but above £400 is too much for me.

Is the price drop only for today?

Black Friday special price, all prices go up 10am Tuesday next week.

Associate
Initial impressions:

Size is just one work - BEASTLY

Colours are great, out of the box it looked very good. Have calibrated it but will have a few more tries as contrast ratios are hovering between 1700:1 and 2100:1 and I was hoping for somewhere closer to 2500:1. Anyway, colours look great, whites are white and blacks are a lot more black than on an IPS. Cannot comment on backlight bleed yet, will check for it tonight. The banding issue isn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting, it's there but very very very minor IMO but others may notice it more.

No swivel? minor issue, more my own problem of not checking before hand.

Tried some gaming, coming from ultra-wide it is going to take some getting used to but I bought this as it has a VA panel. One day I'll get a ultra-wide VA panel but this screen will do me until then.

Only downsides are that it is a bit iffy with motion, only capable of displaying 60hz, accepts signals for others such as 50hz but the internal scaler mixes it up to 60hz so you get a weird judder/stutter. Either way it's pointless.

Dragging windows across the screen results in a weird trail along the edges. No doubt a result of overdrive. It's not noticeable when gaming or watching movies etc. Only when dragging windows and scrolling.

Anyway, for the money I cannot complain, would give it a solid 8/10. Fingers crossed the backlight is decent!

Edit: some pics :)

4ytG5m9l.jpg

And Pacific Rim

Q4soUaXl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been extremely happy with mine after a few days of testing. Nothings perfect but I agree with above. 8 out of 10 is exactly where this monitor sits and beastly describes it size well. Going from a ips 1440p 60htz to this was best thing I ever did. IPS glow blows and this being that big benefits from VA with deep blacks and vivid colours. I'll never buy another ips display again I don't think.

Associate
Initial impressions:

Size is just one work - BEASTLY

Colours are great, out of the box it looked very good. Have calibrated it but will have a few more tries as contrast ratios are hovering between 1700:1 and 2100:1 and I was hoping for somewhere closer to 2500:1. Anyway, colours look great, whites are white and blacks are a lot more black than on an IPS. Cannot comment on backlight bleed yet, will check for it tonight. The banding issue isn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting, it's there but very very very minor IMO but others may notice it more.

No swivel? minor issue, more my own problem of not checking before hand.

Tried some gaming, coming from ultra-wide it is going to take some getting used to but I bought this as it has a VA panel. One day I'll get a ultra-wide VA panel but this screen will do me until then.

Only downsides are that it is a bit iffy with motion, only capable of displaying 60hz, accepts signals for others such as 50hz but the internal scaler mixes it up to 60hz so you get a weird judder/stutter. Either way it's pointless.

Dragging windows across the screen results in a weird trail along the edges. No doubt a result of overdrive. It's not noticeable when gaming or watching movies etc. Only when dragging windows and scrolling.

Anyway, for the money I cannot complain, would give it a solid 8/10. Fingers crossed the backlight is decent!

What do you mean by this moving issue?
Would you be able to make a movie and put it on youtube?

Associate
What do you mean by this moving issue?
Would you be able to make a movie and put it on youtube?

With regards to motion, there are dark trails (like a shadow) on edges when you drag a window across the screen. Also happens when scrolling.

It's something that is just inherent with this particular VA panel. The BenQ and Samsung have different options to deal with this so give the user more flexibility with dealing with this.

Not sure what your asking with respect to making a movie and putting it on youtube. I've watched a few clips from my film collection and it has been brilliant aside from the judder which is something which is unavoidable due to this being a 60hz screen.

An update after more usage last night. Backlight bleed is non-existent as far as I can tell. Banding is evident off centre to the left, single line is noticeable when watching football as the panning camera really emphasises it. It's a little annoying but could be a lot worse from what I have read.

Played Dragon age inquisition (or tried to, still keeps crashing with no error!). Amazing colours, don't have any problems with motion. I don't use fast TN panels though so I cannot compare. Either way, I have no complaints gaming on this screen.

Small oversight is no audio output. It has an audio input but having connected my ps4 to this via HDMI I'm reliant on the pretty poor monitor speakers. Will have to get an optical to stereo converter for my stereo amp.

Another thing to add, the display does support automatic display control so for calibrating with my i1 Display I didn't need to fiddle with the settings at all, the software and the display did everything for me and changed the settings all on it's own. Good to see this feature work as even though my dell U2913 had it, it never worked.

Back
Top Bottom