Acer G24 Screen

Soldato
thats exactly why i sent mine back when i had it and bought the NEC 24"
i also see you have a very annoying blue subpixel issue lol...

get it replaced ASAP but one thing you will find out is you will get backlight issues on that TN pannel.

Associate
I already made these photos using reduced brightness ("Text" preset)
With Standard or Graphics preset it looks even worse

I mailed local acer support and they said it qualifies to be replaced/fixed

that blue thin is a cell phone led reflecting :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I already made these photos using reduced brightness ("Text" preset)
With Standard or Graphics preset it looks even worse

I mailed local acer support and they said it qualifies to be replaced/fixed

that blue thin is a cell phone led reflecting :)

here is what my backlight looks like on my Uber Nec 24" ;)

nec24.jpg

thats what a uniform backlight is ment to look like ;)

Associate
Hi guys just recieved my G24 from OCers briliant service and no problems thus far. Just one annoying niggle. The monitor came out of the box way too bright - brightness 85, contrast 50. I was wondering what everyone changed theirs too to get the bast picture, im currently at brightness 75, contrast 16 and have no idea if this is the best picture possible despite playing round with it for ages (colour at factory preset of everything at 100) btw im using the eDisplay management software to adjust the monitor not the controls on the screen.

Second question is when loading windows the monitor runs at its factory preset and changes to mine once windows has fully loaded. Any idea how to make it always use my preset even when loading windows (ive checked use my preset as default in eDisplay management) Would changing the factory settings to mine be a good idea

Cheers guys much appreciated!

Well I can give you mine but if you really want to calibrate your monitor properly you need a colorimeter. I currently own the Spyder2PRO Studio but I HIGHLY recommend the Spyder 3 Elite (so much cheaper now too and better). I was able to nail Black Luminance at 81 cd/m^2 and with my current lighting area measured, a White Luminance level of 175-200 cd/m^2 was suggested. I went with 175 and got that to 174.8. This brought my colour temp to just a tad under 6500k, 6489k I believe it was. If your interested in how this is done, check out the following link:

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/spyder2pro.html

I do hope that guy didn't measure with his OCD blocking part of the image it reads from. It looks like he does and you will want to move yours to the far corner (top right for me). So I now have an awesome level compared to factory settings but I do have two problems with this display (I wish I saw this thread last week before I bought this display). The bleed through is just insane, I can notice it almost all the time, gaming sure its not as bad but post up to windows bootup I can see all 4 edges of the screen that go in a couple inches at least. This isn't the biggest problem for me though, maybe someone has a suggestion on something they tried and got it working but everything looks so grainy. Even my windows desktop looks horrible, the colour transition from blue to blue for example isn't blended at all, you can see the stepping clear as day. I've tried using the ACER G24 driver for Vista but it did nothing to help. Also when playing some games like Cryostatsis and you warm up your hand, it looks like his hand is cell shaded (like the old XIII game, only a couple colours showing for his hand). Desktop is at 1920 x 1200.

Does anyone else have this issue with the colour range? If you want my settings just let me know and I'll post them, but I don't recommend the crappy ACER one, the Spyder does a much better job. You could also download the Spyder2 profiler and I can send you my profile as well.

Back
Top Bottom