Acer Predator XB271HU - upgrade to the XB270HU

Associate
VA is best imo, but IPS is really good too.

If a 1400p 144Hz VA Gsync came out, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Isn't VA considered sub-optimal for gaming due to slow response and greater input lag? Been a while since I looked into it but last I checked the VA panels had slightly worse colour reproduction than IPS whilst also having slower response and more lag. Could well be wrong on that, though!

After this monitor (one of either the PG279Q, XB271HU or S2716DG) I'm holding out for OLED!

Soldato
VA is horrible, nasty colour shift, black crush, over saturated colours, no detail within shadow areas, worse motion clarity than IPS etc etc. For gaming I'd take an 8 bit TN over it every time, this is coming from a previous Eizo fioris owner.

Mobster
Soldato
I have a Dell 2407WFP went to the TN Swift, apart from gsync, I was glad to be back with my dell, it slaughtered the swift in nearly every department.

Associate
Still no ETA. Must have some idea by now surely.

I wasn't gonna bother with this one after the all the crap with the previous one but early reports seem pretty good.

Missing G-sync right now!

Associate
Doing some testing. I haven't aligned/curved the panels yet so that's why the bezel gaps appear different size. Once I'm done, they will all appear thin like the right side.

Associate
I think the fact that Vega was able to land 5 good panels (out of 5!) speaks volumes for the advances Acer have made in terms of QC. This isn't just a lazy firmware change, the whole mounting process is much more advanced.

Also, yeah, that set-up is just nuts. Been following your threads at the other forum and have never failed to be completely amazed.

Back
Top Bottom