Acer Predator XR341CK/X34 34" Curved Gaming Screens with FreeSync and G-sync

Soldato
35 inch 3440 x 1440
VA panel
144hz
Gsync
Curved screen?

Are these specs 100% confirmed????

EDIT - just read on another forum they think it might be the new AUO 35 inch VA panel that's only 2560x1080. That would be v disappointing if so. Gibbo, can you give concrete specs here on this 35 inch VA monitor yet, or is it still tbc?

If this is 3440x1440, This is the monitor I have been dreaming of for over a year!!!!!!!!! Actually it was 34 inch but the extra inch is welcome :) I would also have settled for IPS but for pure gaming I'm definitely swayed more to VA for the better blacks. Just hope VA will be able to cope with high Hz and gsync as well as the TN on my rog swift?

The only fly in the ointment here, apart from the obvious high price, is it being Acer. Never owned an Acer, but they generally look awful, with tacky design and cheap build quality. Can anyone say anything positive about Acer to cheer me up?

Last edited:
Soldato
I think they'll really have to pull a rabbit out the hat here if they're going to produce a monitor that isn't plagued by BLB and glow. Seems endemic with every IPS ultra wide released so far. Will totally negate the 144hz/G-Sync benefits if it still has these problems. For £1K we should all expect perfection, anything less just isn't acceptable at that price point.

Soldato
That's what she said as well. :p

Heha :D

Ditto :)

Get up you .... :p

No :D

Are Acers that bad? They look bad aesthetically that I've seen, and I've read reports of shocking customer service too.
If this screen is a reality, it really will be my ideal purchase but it needs to be right all round and I'm not prepared to gamble a grand with a **** brand.

OcUK Staff
They are both 144Hz.

Hi there

Just to make it clear, unless my presentations are incorrect:

34" IPS 3440x1440 are 60Hz and there shall be a FREESYNC & G-SYNC version
35" VA 3440x1440 (Resolution TBC) are 144Hz and shall be FREESYNC & G-SYNC version

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi there

35" VA 3440x1440 (Resolution TBC) are 144Hz and shall be FREESYNC & G-SYNC version

Hmmmmm, lots of conflicting info going around here. I thought the IPS ones were 144hz as well.

I think it's best to sit back and wait a while for some concrete confirmed info and specs here.

Associate
Hmmmmm, lots of conflicting info going around here. I thought the IPS ones were 144hz as well.

I think it's best to sit back and wait a while for some concrete confirmed info and specs here.

Agreed, would love to purchase 2 x GTX 980 TI `s plus a 34" IPS 144hz G sync monitor together but will have to wait on the final specifications and testing of the monitors.

Soldato
Hi there

Ah, well that sucks then, and I reckon those 34's won't be much better than the LG/Dell models we've already seen, G-Sync/Freesync regardless. Not to mention insanely priced at £1K for 60Hz... no thanks!

Seems odd though doesn't it, given the XB270HU is an IPS 144Hz panel? Is there something about making it 34% wider that's technically impossible?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
lots of speculation all over the place on all of these. I'm trying to confirm with Acer the final specs, although last time i spoke to them they were not finalised, so there's a good chance things are still in motion.

Soldato
lots of speculation all over the place on all of these. I'm trying to confirm with Acer the final specs, although last time i spoke to them they were not finalised, so there's a good chance things are still in motion.

I am utterly baffled why they would release a 60Hz IPS priced so high in August!! Seriously, that makes zero sense. Especially after they've just released the excellent 144Hz IPS XB270HU. The LG and Dell will be circa £500 by then, so you're paying the same again for G-Sync!? HAHAHAHA! Really, Acer just shot themselves in the foot if this is true.

Way to pop the hype balloon lol!

OcUK Staff

Yeah my Powerpoint presentation shows XR341 series as 60Hz, but when I had a conference call a few backs they said 144Hz, however it is possible they are also confusing it with the XR352 series.

Soldato
Yeah my Powerpoint presentation shows XR341 series as 60Hz, but when I had a conference call a few backs they said 144Hz, however it is possible they are also confusing it with the XR352 series.

I hope they realise that if this ends up being 60Hz they will be charging about £500 premium JUST for G-Sync over the 34" LG/Dell monitors (also the Samsung, which is VA), and consequently you will be able to count the sales of this monitor on one hand lol! :)

Man of Honour

yeah there seemed to be a fair amount of confusion, not helped by different models with similar specs and names, or differing versions of the "same" screen.

before people start panicking, let's wait and see the final specs etc first :)

Back
Top Bottom