** Acme [Akagi] bought a pink estate car - E30 325i project log! **

I think he needs a hair tie personally

He's used all his zipties on his cars

You should be chuffed with the progress Acme, it looks great! Get that rust sorted professionally and it'll be golden. Just ensure whoever does it chops out all the inner mess and does it properly. I've seen and known of some right cowboy work using chicken wire and filler and then charged £££ for it that looks alright for a few months then falls apart again.

I will be with the person who welds it, as they weld it. And they'll be teaching me a bit as well, so some of the easier bits might even get done by me! With supervision of course. :p

Acme said:
A nice chap, retired, who seemed to care little about what the car sold for because all he wanted was for it to go to a good home, and not be broken for spares.

Given your original post and how you described the guy you bought it from, have you considered dropping by and letting him see what you've done to it? I'm sure he'd be thrilled.

Given your original post and how you described the guy you bought it from, have you considered dropping by and letting him see what you've done to it? I'm sure he'd be thrilled.

I have been keeping in touch via email, he and his wife have seen all of those pictures and more and had a detailed update. :)

I do plan on paying them a visit once the welding and a bit of paintwork has been done however, because then it will be basically finished (for now) :p

I will be with the person who welds it, as they weld it. And they'll be teaching me a bit as well, so some of the easier bits might even get done by me! With supervision of course. :p

That's a lovely opportunity, jealous. I want a go! Be great to see how you get on :)

That's a lovely opportunity, jealous. I want a go! Be great to see how you get on :)
I'm quite nervous, but I want to get it done ASAP.
Question is, are you going to buy something to replace the MX5?
Of course. The question should be, am I going to buy something sensible to replace the MX5? :p

I've actually been looking at 1.2 70PS Polo's. :eek:

But then I've also been looking at 350Z's... :D

If I get a Polo I will do all the stupid stuff to it that I never did to mine... Straight pipe from the cat back, and a cold air intake. I want to hear that 3 cylinder scream! :p

I like the look of that. Looks like its sitting too low at the back compared to the front though. Bit of a PITA as its on lowering springs not adjustable coilovers. :p

I daresay it will be sold before I can buy a car anyway but thanks for the heads up. :)

On the subject of the E30 though, I'd quite like to get its original registration back. H120 JPA. Assuming it isn't currently in use, how do I go about doing that? I read online that there is a way to claim a vehicles original plate.

Last edited:
As predicted a deposit has been put on that Z4 already. Need to hurry up and get a new car because I'm munching through my annual miles on the Bimmer!

Looking at something later. :p

As predicted a deposit has been put on that Z4 already. Need to hurry up and get a new car because I'm munching through my annual miles on the Bimmer!

Looking at something later. :p

you snooze you loose :D but CTR's are always around ;) please dont mess it up or go full grandad.

Back
Top Bottom