** Acme [Akagi] bought a pink estate car - E30 325i project log! **

Snap from Deutchfest:

p6eXK5I.jpg

Have now taken the mudflaps off (finally) and gave it another clean (apologies for potato pics)

XeA2Srfh.jpg

[pic removed]

And I used one of my old MX5 'eyelids' to practice spraying. It came out pretty damn well to be honest. Not patchy at all, and less orange-peel than your average new car!

Will definitely be having a go at spraying the rear quarter with the blown lacquer. Might even do the whole car a panel at a time... Pretty sure that would kill me though! Four coats of primer, sand, three coats of base, four coats of clear, sand, compound, polish.

8xj2KqKh.jpg

Last edited:
Well trying to blast the ABS rings and sensors with cleaner without taking the disks off didn't work, might have to actually fix it properly. Need to test the sensors...

Going to deactivate the system for now.

quickly scanned through the thread will read in detail later..

have you found the issue on water in the passengers foot well yet? if not it might be worth taking the glovebox out and checking behind there.
where the glovebox bolts to the firewall they have a nasty habit of rusting. also under the fusebox and where the loom comes through the bulkhead.

No water in the footwell. I haven't found any bulkhead rot yet but the dash and carpet will be coming out at some point, at which point I shall find it! :eek:

Last edited:
No water in the footwell. I haven't found any bulkhead rot yet but the dash and carpet will be coming out at some point, at shih point I shall find it! :eel:
yea lost count on how many of these things ive had.. still keep finding wee odds and ends in the house and shed to do with them.

A few of my mates still have them and yea I still like them but when my youngest was born with his health issues I didint have the time for them and sold the lot.

My mate has a hoard of parts and can be occasionally persuaded to part with some bits if you find your self stuck.

My brother restored a tech 1 sport for a boy a few years back and done a cracking job.

4IJcshLl.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! I love Tech 1's. :)

If I desperately need anything I'll give you a shout. But to be honest with these, its more a case of buying good items when you see them rather than specifically needing stuff. All I *need* at the moment are ABS sensors and sheet metal, but the 'might want' list is huge. :p

I took that to be a rhetorical question :)

In all seriousness though, keep on at it Acme. Its not like you are doing something obscenely dangerous. I'll modify that opinion if you buy an elise and stack of plywood.

Just a bit of fun... :)

have you got the 6 branch fitted? Is it the btb one?

Not yet. It's under my bed :p

I will eventually get it fitted and have a stainless exhaust made up, but this is just a bit of fun. A friend and I had been joking about it.

I'm not going to throw the backbox in the bin either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom