** Acme [Akagi] bought a pink estate car - E30 325i project log! **

Did I see this/you earlier on this afternoon? Heading out on the Watton road at about 18:45? Only a fleeting glance as you were heading the other way, but I swear the last bit of the index was the same!
Highly likely! I left Bungay at about 18:00 on Saturday heading towards Dereham, so I'd probably have been near/on the Watton road at about 18:45.

I was visiting a friend who is going to help me do some bits on it before its MOT.

5NRDFB0.jpeg

I hope I wasn't driving like a knob when I got spotted... :D

Last edited:
It is booked in to have a proper exhaust made. I am fitting a replacement manifold which I've refurbished (blasted and painted matte black), and then a local shop is making a dual 1.75" to 2.5" collector off of the manifold, 2.5" to the mid section, small silencer, then 2.5" to a dual 1.75" conversion to connect to the existing backbox, with new brackets and v-band clamp joins. In stainless, of course.

I hope that will be the last exhaust the car has, because it has had a few... :p

Some strongflex red polyurethane bushes are arriving tomorrow to replace the rear arm bushes and the rear beam bushes. The beam bushes have already been replaced, but the beam has to come out anyway so I figured I may as well... That way, hopefully, I won't have to take the rear beam out again either... *knock on wood*

Only just seen this thread on here. @Acme I would say ignore the haters ^ Saw a couple of comments above. If it makes you happy mate crack on. I've been criticized for keeping my "ancient" 2007 2.5t Ford S-Max running and doing some basic upgrades. To be fair mine doesn't have much rust though. :)
Good luck.

Only just seen this thread on here. @Acme I would say ignore the haters ^ Saw a couple of comments above. If it makes you happy mate crack on. I've been criticized for keeping my "ancient" 2007 2.5t Ford S-Max running and doing some basic upgrades. To be fair mine doesn't have much rust though. :)
Good luck.

Thanks!

I used to let it get to me, there are plenty of arguments in this thread.

But I try to just ignore it now. (Or annoy them by acting patronising in response.) :p

S-Max with the 2.5T is an interesting car. Perhaps the ultimate sporty family hauler. Unless you want fuel economy (and some might say reliability) :D

Oil change time, how exciting!

eIvRz75.jpg

Trip to BMW to pick up some bits. Raising the bar in the car park amongst all the beaver toothed M4's and other ugly rubbish. :p

8KQJy2d.jpg

These bolts (for the rear arms) were £10 each... :eek:

S9gJuGn.jpg

Some strongflex red polybushes for the rear arms and the rear beam.

Xy3njMW.jpg

We are dropping the whole rear subframe out this week / next week to de-scale and paint it (and the floorpan above it) and replace the bushes. It is looking a little worse for wear back there, and I want to knock this out before its MOT. There doesn't seem to be any excessive movement, but I'm sure the tester would at least raise an eyebrow. Would rather avoid the possible fail. :D

(also you can hopefully see why I pre-emptively got new nuts and bolts)

JQMu6E1.jpg

Painted my replacement exhaust manifold. Looks pretty decent if I do say so myself. The one currently on the car is fine, but it is technically the wrong one. This will tidy it up a little, and avoid any future confusion when trying to buy gaskets etc.

SiHFA8G.jpg

And went for a little drive...

lbhufcA.jpg

Very peaceful round here. Didn't encounter another car or person, only a couple of muntjac deer and some hares. You have to take it steady and really pay attention at dusk when the animals are moving around.

FY1Ne73.jpg

okMPK3a.jpg

Last edited:
Baby oil? :D
I love these, the shame is getting more and more timless since you got it. Get it tidied up, I think it's suffered enough now and so have you.

Baby oil? :D
I love these, the shame is getting more and more timless since you got it. Get it tidied up, I think it's suffered enough now and so have you.

No, 10W40. :p

Tidying up is in progress! Rear beam overhaul soon, new custom exhaust after that (deposit already been paid!), and I'm still waiting for replies from bodyshops for the big bill.

Back
Top Bottom