** Acme [Akagi] bought a pink estate car - E30 325i project log! **

Just to be clear, it wasn't like half open... It appeared to be closed, but would wind up another centimetre or so until it was fully up in the recess. :p

Your mountain escapades sound fun, if a little unsafe! ;) :p
It's only unsafe if you get caught :p

The other favourite in that car was a good old RWD trick.

Approach a known hairpin junction flat in third, back off the throttle, drop it into second to lock the rear wheels, Scandinavian flick it while the wheels are locked, then give it some welly and full lock to carry you round the corner.

LIKE A BOSS

Ha, I was listening to Example (who is not black, incidentally :p) the other day and it reminded me of that day we were blasting around in the Manta like a pair of complete douche bags :D

It's probably for the best Fox doesn't spend any time in Bikers cafe if Acme's car turnover bothers him, 4T5's and now @Clov!s bike turnover rate would lead to a seizure.

It's only unsafe if you get caught :p

The other favourite in that car was a good old RWD trick.

Approach a known hairpin junction flat in third, back off the throttle, drop it into second to lock the rear wheels, Scandinavian flick it while the wheels are locked, then give it some welly and full lock to carry you round the corner.

LIKE A BOSS

I'm sure one of my earliest memories of being a member of these forums is seeing a video of you doing an enormous burnout in a Volvo 740 :D

It was a while ago now however, so my memory could be faulty!

Gave it a little bit of a thrash on the way home just now, not unkind levels, but 4.5K full/nearly full throttle along the dual carriageway, and now the sump pan gasket has let go and its dripping oil everywhere... At least I hope its the sump pan gasket, it could very well be a crankshaft oil seal or something. Its only really coating the sump from what I can see...

They do say of M20's that if you fix an oil leak, it will just start leaking from the next weakest oil seal, and so on and so forth... :rolleyes: :p

I'll hopefully know more tomorrow after work. :)

Last edited:
It was somewhat expected that I'd need to go through all the gaskets and seals eventually. :)

M20's love to leak, especially when they are driven spiritedly. I wouldn't call it ragging really, the engine had been fully up to temperature for a long while prior, and I was at least 1.5K away from the red when changing gear. :)

But as I say, to be expected. I doubt it had been driven hard for a long time prior to my ownership, poor thing is probably in shock! :D

M20's love to leak, especially when they are driven spiritedly.

Says who? Both of mine didn't :p

At that age/mileage, though, it's admittedly almost inevitable. Fingers crossed it's just something simple. Check the top end, first, just in case it's something dead easy like the cam cover gasket or a duff breather...

Totally missed a joke there...HijACME!

Ha, very good...... ;)

Took the bash plate and front undertray off to investigate my leak.

9g2JCT0h.jpg

Firstly LOL at this... :p

IT94oSRh.jpg

5UArUBhh.jpg

And secondly LOL at the state of my sump pan gasket! If you can even call it a gasket anymore!

guVg5tPh.jpg

Also went to North London today to collect this:

dzqp6bih.jpg

Don't think I mentioned (or pictured) it before, but the original bonnet had rotted out on one corner and been pugged up at some point in the past, and it was starting to rot from the inside near the middle too. This one is very solid. :)

Back
Top Bottom