** Acme [Akagi] bought a pink estate car - E30 325i project log! **

Caporegime
OP
Next Saturday. :) And that's fine, I appreciate that it won't be to everyone's tastes.

No it isn't back yet. :p

To be honest it's doing me good cos I'm focussing on my MX5 stuff instead at the moment til it comes back.

Soldato
I know this is going back over a month and you've probably changed your mind by now, but I'd have to say, exhaust cut-outs are the nuts. I've had the stock exhaust put back on mine (sort of, I'll write it up and take some proper pictures at some point) that's been modified with electric cut-outs. Wired it all through to a switch I've mounted near the sport and DSC buttons. I don't see why anyone wouldn't want the dual mode if they could. It's now quiet(er) for the neighbours and I don't look like a **** in towns, but when I like I can open it up with some straight pipe V8 goodness. Total cost was still less than an aftermarket exhaust that will almost certainly drone (one of the major reasons for getting rid of the old one).

BMW I6 engines sound so nice opened up, but as I can attest, are being increasingly driven by the old corsa brigade, so anything to distance yourself from that in built up areas can only be good. Plus no insanity-causing drone. :)

Caporegime
OP
Nice to hear someone who is perhaps a little more sound of mind, encourage my stupid ideas... :p ;)

I hadn't changed my mind! Still on the list.

As there is nothing wrong with my exhaust (It is quite new I think!) I guess I could just get my headers fitted and have the stock exhaust "adjusted" so they fit together, and then have cutouts in the stock exhaust.

Caporegime
OP
It's ready! Dad is going to collect it Wednesday morning for me. I hate it when he drives my cars but I'll make an exception because I wouldn't be able to get it for at least a week and a half myself. :)

Caporegime
OP
Picked up the car, got 3 miles from the garage, ABS light came on and it judders under light braking from the front nearside, which is the corner where they replaced the wheel bearing. Brake pad wear indicator also came back on despite new pads and sensors... Turned around, went back.

Back
Top Bottom