"Addicting"

Man of Honour
As an MMO player the one that winds me up more than any other is when people spell "rogue" as "rouge". I mean seriously, how hard is it?? Its in the damn game for goodness sake, if you play as one its on your character sheet and login screen every single time you look at them.

Soldato
Yeah there is, it sounds "wrong". whats wrong with just using "addictive" which, in general, definately sounds like it "fits" a whole lot better.

Because the two have subtle differences in meaning

Addictive means that once you start you just can't stop
Addicting means that the more you play, the more you want to keep playing

Soldato
Addicting should really be the process of making something an addiction, ing generally means you are in the process of, where as ive as in addictive is the potential to,

Soldato
It's in the Oxford English Dictionary.

Not in the online version at least, don't have a paper copy here

1tugqx.png

Sand in your gearbox perhaps?

Sand should not be in gearboxes, that made me wince :(

Caporegime
Where did this vile new grammar fail come from? Seeing it all over the palce recently. I don't normally get irritated by this sort of thing (indeed, I usually spew grammar mistakes like a machine gun when typing), but this one seems like nails on a blackboard to me.

Usage example:

No! No it isn't you stupid inbred ****! FFFFFUUUUUUU..... etc. :mad:

¬_¬

Associate
May I throw in the monumental retardedness that is the usage of the word 'seen' when people mean 'seeing'?

I see it all over the place on here, too much for it just to be a random typing mistake :(

+1

I've started to notice people writing 'passed' instead of 'past'.

Example: "I drove passed them"

Irritating!

Back
Top Bottom