Afghanistan - 20 years on

Soldato
(saw people arguing on here the other day that, the USA would have to leave the apaches behind because they don't have the range to fly to a carrier)
They could fly them to the UAE if they used 4 external fuel tanks and nothing else, but it would be on the absolute limit of it's range. Wouldn't be worth the risk.

Permabanned
If I was Taliban I'd be patrolling airport to make sure this kind of stuff DOES NOT happen. Very little to gain and a lot to lose from things like this for them, its almost over and now they're inviting a full force on themselves.

I would not be surprised if this is false flag by pro government forces trying to keep NATO involved.

I also do not exclude that this is Taliban but my God would that mean they are dumb beyond belief.

Soldato
""We made clear to the Taliban that any attack, any attack on our forces or disruption of our operations at the airport will be met with a swift and forceful response," - Joe Biden, one week ago"

Come on biden.

Soldato
""We made clear to the Taliban that any attack, any attack on our forces or disruption of our operations at the airport will be met with a swift and forceful response," - Joe Biden, one week ago"

Come on biden.

They will blame ISIS not taliban. He'll do nothing as a guess. But political pressure is building.

Permabanned
They will blame ISIS not taliban. He'll do nothing as a guess. But political pressure is building.
What happens now? I can't see the US letting this go unpunished.:(

The issue is that this is more likely other party than Taliban. What exactly does Taliban gain from this - if anything they just bought a whole load of bricks onto themselves literally days before total victory.

Permabanned
Watching this stuff it seems like even worse than Saigon - that people constantly said this would never even be close to as bad.

I'm not sure Biden will even survive this honestly. Worlds most powerful millitary alliance by head and shoulders is forced to scramble with tail between legs in such desperate and pathetic attempt. NATO/US government should be tried for letting Kabul fall before evacuations ended.

I mean whats next? A suicide bomber will attach himself or enter next fully packed flight out of the airport because clearly everything is a mess over there.

Permabanned
This does make the Taliban look pretty incompetent. They should have seen this coming, they had enough warning.

Incompetent in ideal world Yes but when you compare to how well we're doing.... Considering they are a tribally divided warring union meanwhile NATO is most powerful millitary alliance the world has ever seen.

You cant compare against ideal scenario, you have to compare to next best thing. So far NATO has been absolute disaster in whole of this process.

Back
Top Bottom