Afghanistan - 20 years on

Yea I guess he died of kidney failure then and the Americans launched a risky operation for fun :confused:

OK il explain the difference between Russia trying to annex a sovereign state and the intervention to remove a mafia style family from running a country...

Is ukraine run by a fascist dictator?
Has ukraine used chemical weapons against its neighbours?
Has ukraine commited genocide?
Have they tried to annex a neighbouring state?
Is ukraine subject to numerous UN security council resolutions?

No to all the above. Do you get it now?
A brilliant explanation.

Soldato
Yea I guess he died of kidney failure then and the Americans launched a risky operation for fun :confused:
Did they launched a risky operation :eek::confused::eek:
Can they do it again in a few other places ?

OK il explain the difference between Russia trying to annex a sovereign state and the intervention to remove a mafia style family from running a country...

Is ukraine run by a fascist dictator?
Has ukraine used chemical weapons against its neighbours?
Has ukraine commited genocide?
Have they tried to annex a neighbouring state?
Is ukraine subject to numerous UN security council resolutions?

No to all the above. Do you get it now?

OK, let me ask you because you seam to have missed the point, I'm talking about the people, no one cares about sadam, the Talban or the people in charge that did all bad (evil).

I've been talking about all the people of them countries that have been at war for years.

1. The people did nothing wrong did they?
2. Non of what you said applies to them does it ?
3. What did the the people do wrong, why did they get ignored, why are they different?
4. Why did the war go on for so long, if it was just to get rid of a dictators etc? even after he was killed and the rest toppled.
5. is it the same for Afghanistan and all the others ?
6. Why is The US not doing the sane with Russia they it ticks some of them boxes and so do a few other places and have been for years? , pick and choose again
7. Why different treatment for them refugees?
8. Why was/is there no support for them?

Some people seem to pick and choose

Certain type of people will always do things and then try to defend themselves, other with similar thoughts will defend them.

We can say that some people did a lot of bad and needed be handled but I assume we can agree the civilian people were innocent and should have been treated a little better ?

Trying to censor or prevent any and all references to America's unpunished crimes, is... also wrong.

This is not really helping anyone is it, things have already happed it pointless for us to arguing for nothing.

I'm just wasting my time, so Ill move on.

Last edited:
Soldato
OK, let me ask you because you seam to have missed the point, Im talking about the people no one cares about sadam, the Talban or the people in charge that did all bad.

I've been talking about all the people of them countries that have been at war for years.

1. The people did nothing wrong did they?
2. Non of what you said applies to them does it ?
3. What did the the people do wrong, why did they get ignored, why are they different?
4. Why did the war go on so long if it was to get rid of a dictators etc? even after the he was killed and the rest toppled
5. is it the same for Afghanistan and all the others ?
6. Why is The US not doing the sane with Russia they it ticks some of them boxes and so do a few other places and have been doe years, pick and choose ?
7. Why different for them refuges ?
8. Why was/is no support for them?

I guess english isnt your first language so im trying to decifer what youre saying here.

1. No they didnt, they were under the rule of a tyrant "did all bad" doesn't even beign to describe Saddams Iraq, someone called it a "concentration camp above ground and a mass grave beneath it"

Maybe you should ask the parties of god why they were blowing up mosques and markets why the war went on for so long?

Afghanistan is a different situation entirely and shouldnt be compared to Iraq, I mean dozens of countries were involved there which you can just look up if youre interested.

Nuclear weapons probably have something with why places like NK havent had a regime change, not to mention I dont think its possible to get rid of every single bad actor on the entire globe.

Soldato
I guess english isnt your first language so im trying to decifer what youre saying here.
I did not want to reply to this but its been bothering me.

English is my first and only language but I'm Dyslectic I've been working to improve things but It's still hard. I'm not good with word, I get confused with words, sentence's etc, things can make sense to me but not other people.

I've been bullied because of it so it bothers me, but I can see why some people assume its my 2nd language.

Last edited:
Soldato

English is my first and only language but I'm Dyslectic I've been working to improve things but It's still hard. I'm not good with word, I get confused with words, sentence's etc, things can make sense to me but not other people.

I've been bullied because of it so it bothers me, but I can see why some people assume its my 2nd language.

Ah I see, sorry!

Soldato

If it makes you feel any better the guy who called you out said this:

Edit: also, get a thicker skin. This is the internet

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Treacherous scum have voted him out. Best leader Pakistan has had in a long time.

Army chief last week condemned the invasion of Ukraine, Imran Khan never did so.

Quite telling and shows where the real power lies. Shame on them all.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
With regard to Afghanistan itself the country is starving and USA the big old defender of freedom and all that is good in this world actually stole Afghan assets that were frozen when the Afghan govt collapsed and spent it on victims of 9/11 and victims of aid.

A very helpful move...

Soldato
With regard to Afghanistan itself the country is starving and USA the big old defender of freedom and all that is good in this world actually stole Afghan assets that were frozen when the Afghan govt collapsed and spent it on victims of 9/11 and victims of aid.

A very helpful move...

I don't think anyone thinks the US should take that money. Though I'm not sure giving it to the Taliban will fix anything either.

I'm open to correction but isn't the US is the biggest contributer of humanitarian aid to Afghanistan as part of the UN efforts. One of the issues with the UN aid is it's not getting to the people but circumvented by the Taliban.

The country can't survive on foreign aid indefinitely and certainly not US aid.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
I don't think anyone thinks the US should take that money. Though I'm not sure giving it to the Taliban will fix anything either.

I'm open to correction but isn't the US is the biggest contributer of humanitarian aid to Afghanistan as part of the UN efforts. One of the issues with the UN aid is it's not getting to the people but circumvented by the Taliban.

The country can't survive on foreign aid indefinitely and certainly not US aid.

Certainly can't survive on foreign aid and the Taliban aren't perfect but to say all aid would be eaten by them is far from true also.

Afghanistan or it's people can't ask for that money ever again it's been stolen in broad daylight.

Soldato
OP
As it's been in the news recently, a little update on where the new reformed and modernised Taliban are up to:
Women to wear Burkas in public, and if caught their male 'guardian' will be the one 'visited by officials', fined, or imprisoned.

Sits alongside most girls no longer getting a secondary education, most women not being allowed to work outside education or healthcare, and being required to be accompanied by a man on any long distance journey.

Meanwhile, our government is really not making life easy for people in that worked alongside the government and Western forces and are at risk of execution or 'disappearance', despite it being acknowledged that they are at risk:

Although I suppose it it worth noting that the Taliban aren't completely cut off from the outside world, and do allow some foreign journalists to report, and some NGOs are doing things like running training courses aimed at civilising some of the fighters-turned-police just a little bit:

All against a backdrop of widespread poverty and hunger.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom