Age of Conan

Man of Honour
Nothing like that piece of pap, this game is good (yea, I hated The Witchers combat system, what of it?)

You have 5 directions q123e (well, three at the start, 123) activating a combo will show you the correct order to pull off this combo, and will result in a certain effect, knockback, stuns, etc.

You can use q123e in between combos, as a normal attack.

You also get three shields, which can be positioned left, right or middle, each reduces damage taken to that area, for example assassins combos tend hit the middle line of the body, near the organs, so putting all 3 in the middle will save you taking a huge amount of damage from combos, but will weaken your defences each side for when you get hit from normal attacks.

All this info is the numerous videos, have a look at the GDC '08 vids, well worth a watch.

EDIT : actually, not even worth me going into everything thats wrong with the beta, i'll just leave you all to make up your own minds on release.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just as well considering it is beta... not a final product.

I'm fully aware of that, been in enough of them. I'm also fully aware of the timescale of 2 months before its due out. Like I say, no point in me getting into one of those ridiculous "my mmo choice is better than your mmo choice" arguments which seem to so proliferate the internet. I'm better off just letting everyone spend their money at release and decide for themselves whether or not its got what they want. After all, its not me they'll blame if it doesnt turn out to be what they expect :)

Suspended
It probably won't turn out how people expect anyway, too many expect this game to be the holy grail of MMO's and perfect, but no MMO will ever be perfect. The game so far IMO is a great PvE game, PvP needs a lot of work and i guess my final judgment will depend on how battle keeps etc turn out when they finally enable the damn things ingame for us.

Man of Honour
It probably won't turn out how people expect anyways.

Well that I can certainly agree on :) , going to be amusing reading their forums and the vnboards at release, especially if they do stick with their may release date. My guild for instance isnt looking for our next MMO to be a great PvE game, we have WoW or EQ2 for that, we're looking for a great PvP game, something which AoC have made great claims that they can deliver, and I dont mean 6 months after release.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well that I can certainly agree on :) , going to be amusing reading their forums and the vnboards at release, especially if they do stick with their may release date. My guild for instance isnt looking for our next MMO to be a great PvE game, we have WoW or EQ2 for that, we're looking for a great PvP game, something which AoC have made great claims that they can deliver, and I dont mean 6 months after release.

Word

There not been a game since swg that had instresting pvp. WoW was just grind honor and faction. I wan't to build bases then be called online to defend them when an attack happens.

Is this in aoc? Not been paying any attention to any of the new mmo's after being burnt by Vangaurd and watch it unfold from early beta :(

Suspended
You can build player cities which i think can be attacked by an opposing NPC city that will spring up as you start to build yours.

There are battle keeps in the border kingdoms that are seigable by other players, the time set for seiging is set byt the owning guild. They do have to set a time though. I'm unsure how large this window will be, but during it another guild can come along and set up their war camp outside of the battle keep which declares their intent to attack, yuo then have to defend against them, their allies and any mercenaries that they call in.

This stuff is only from whats been released as we haven't tested battlekeeps nor cities yet. cities are there, just disabled for the time being.

Soldato
really? i thought they were the same devs, i havnt bothered looking far into it because hyping things up usually means they are a let down for me..
I thought it was the actual same people, but they had left the studio and joined another one who was working on aoc.

Man of Honour
Nah, the Daoc dev team are on Warhammer Online , Funcom the makers of Anarchy Online are on Age of Conan. Easy to get mixed up with them both though as its nearly impossible these days to read/hear of Warhammer without hearing of Age of Conan at the same time, and vice versa

Associate
On the official forum someone stated that the game would be released on the 23rd of may but some suppliers would sell a collectors edition that let you ingame 3 days early, does anyone know who will be supplying this type of offer in the uk? also anyone know what the monthly charges are likely to be?

Lastly i assume my rig should play it ok?

X6800 Extreme Edition
Gigabyte GA-965p-ds3 mobo
4gig ddr2-800 ocz gold ram
sapphire 512mb 3870
Vista ultimate 64bit

Permabanned
On the official forum someone stated that the game would be released on the 23rd of may but some suppliers would sell a collectors edition that let you ingame 3 days early, does anyone know who will be supplying this type of offer in the uk? also anyone know what the monthly charges are likely to be?

Lastly i assume my rig should play it ok?

X6800 Extreme Edition
Gigabyte GA-965p-ds3 mobo
4gig ddr2-800 ocz gold ram
sapphire 512mb 3870
Vista ultimate 64bit

If its ready then, i'll eat my feet.

My rig:

E6400 @ 3.2ghz
640mb 8800GTS OC'd
4gb 800mhz

Can not run this game 100% smooth.

Soldato
You can build player cities which i think can be attacked by an opposing NPC city that will spring up as you start to build yours.

There are battle keeps in the border kingdoms that are seigable by other players, the time set for seiging is set byt the owning guild. They do have to set a time though. I'm unsure how large this window will be, but during it another guild can come along and set up their war camp outside of the battle keep which declares their intent to attack, yuo then have to defend against them, their allies and any mercenaries that they call in.

This stuff is only from whats been released as we haven't tested battlekeeps nor cities yet. cities are there, just disabled for the time being.

Sounds great. just hope they don't come in after 6 months

Associate
Not really been paying attention the the upcoming MMO scene and gutted I missed out on the beta of this. The more I read the more I want to try it. My thirst has not been quenched since the early days of SWG exploring planets by foot.

Associate
Not really been paying attention the the upcoming MMO scene and gutted I missed out on the beta of this. The more I read the more I want to try it. My thirst has not been quenched since the early days of SWG exploring planets by foot.

/agree, i still remember the day that my mate guided me to my new home on Lok, took us 40mins to run to the city from nyms.... i was hooked from then on :O

Shame it took such a bad turn :(

Soldato
If its ready then, i'll eat my feet.

My rig:

E6400 @ 3.2ghz
640mb 8800GTS OC'd
4gb 800mhz

Can not run this game 100% smooth.

Nothing is ever perfect on release, only got to do the first 3 hours, seemed pretty solid.

I whacked everything up full, got 15-30 FPS @ 1680x1050 with Q6600/8800GT/4GB, but with loading lag when entering highly populated areas. Was playable for me anyhoo.

P.S I'm guessing that thing you gave me, belongs to someone else now? Password changed and you haven't been on MSN. Thanks for the chance anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom