Aion

Check the level 50 wings:

Elyos50Wings4.jpg

Elyos50Wings3.jpg

Asmo50Wings4.jpg

Asmo50Wings.jpg

Last edited:
This game that everyone seems to be really looking forward to is pretty much 100% identical to WoW as far as I can see - what's new?

Last edited:
Who cares if C is a clone of B, and B is a clone of A. This is just the natural evolution of a genre.

We can't play the same game forever. As great as all past and present MMO's are, people stopped playing them for a reason. Even WoW's audience will start to shrink in time.

The sad truth is that making unique and different MMOs is a massive risk these days. You see so many developers coming up with new ideas but most of the time the project fails before the game is even released. This is why we see many companies stick to the same structure but tweak just enough to brand their game with a different name.

WoW is still top dog but for how much longer? The graphics are dated and with every patch/expansion, they do just enough to keep the game fresh. Plus many of the new ideas are taken from other current MMOs anyway. It's only a matter of time before the difference in technology between WoW and it's clones is so great that you'd be denying yourself so much by not moving on. I'm not saying Aion will be the game to topple WoW but it's yet another MMO to evolve the genre in some way.

WoW will be replaced and it will be by one of it's clones. Because that's just the way it is.

Anyway, back on topic I guess! ;)

What the purpose of the wings? Or are they just a penis waving thing?

Well flying of course :D, also air to air combat and depending on if you have the skills from certain quests you get bonuses while flying to stats (not sure if its just quests or not). Also flying with the wings is a bit faster than running.

Last edited:
Well flying of course :D, also air to air combat and depending on if you have the skills from certain quests you get bonuses while flying to stats (not sure if its just quests or not). Also flying with the wings is a bit faster than running.

I have a feeling they'll be used in quite a lot of quests too. I've played up to around lvl 15 in the Chinese version and since getting my wings at lvl 10 I've already come across 3 or 4 quests that required flying.

I've also seen a fair few vids of end game PVE and PvP where flying is used as part of the combat. Should be interesting. :)

Back
Top Bottom