Air fryers

Seriously thinking about replacing our old deep fryer with an air fryer now.

Can anyone recommend one, I dont really need all the various functions most have if it keeps costs down, as it'll just be used as an almost direct replacement. Seems a bit of a minefield of products out there.

Family of 4 food capacity wise.

Update on this thread.

We replaced the Ninja mini oven with a Ninja dual zone air fryer which is a lot better. 100x easier to clean and cooks quicker.

wdwjXIIh.jpg

iszprgoh.jpg

It's possible to cook at whole 1.6kg medium chicken in half of the air fryer, leaving vegetables and chips or something else in compartment 2

GYfbgilh.png.jpg

2D2p6feh.png.jpg

@BUDFORCE I would recommend this one (Ninja AF300UK) - https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-foodi-dual-zone-air-fryer-af300uk-zidAF300UK
As above, it has two compartments and is 7.6l capacity.

Maybe for a family of 4 go for the larger 9.5l capacity - https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-foodi-max-dual-zone-air-fryer-af400uk-zidAF400UK

We also just had this months electric bill, £74.69 instead of last months £132. Now im not saying it saved £60 a month but I think we have turned the oven on once this month, so guess it helped somewhat

Seriously thinking about replacing our old deep fryer with an air fryer now.

Can anyone recommend one, I dont really need all the various functions most have if it keeps costs down, as it'll just be used as an almost direct replacement. Seems a bit of a minefield of products out there.

Family of 4 food capacity wise.

There is a 20% off for this model at the moment in this video.

"If you’re interested in this machine, then Instant Brands has provided us with a special discount code. Get 20% off Vortex Plus Dual Drawer Air Fryers from 12th June – 26th June 2022 with the code “SORTED20”:"

Update on this thread.

We replaced the Ninja mini oven with a Ninja dual zone air fryer which is a lot better. 100x easier to clean and cooks quicker.

wdwjXIIh.jpg

iszprgoh.jpg

It's possible to cook at whole 1.6kg medium chicken in half of the air fryer, leaving vegetables and chips or something else in compartment 2

GYfbgilh.png.jpg

2D2p6feh.png.jpg

@BUDFORCE I would recommend this one (Ninja AF300UK) - https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-foodi-dual-zone-air-fryer-af300uk-zidAF300UK
As above, it has two compartments and is 7.6l capacity.

Maybe for a family of 4 go for the larger 9.5l capacity - https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-foodi-max-dual-zone-air-fryer-af400uk-zidAF400UK

We also just had this months electric bill, £74.69 instead of last months £132. Now im not saying it saved £60 a month but I think we have turned the oven on once this month, so guess it helped somewhat
We got ours back in December when the oven packed up. My partner wasn't thrilled by it at first but now she's basically always speaking highly of it.
We now only really use the oven if we are having oven pizzas. Otherwise all of our cooking is either done in the air fryer or pressure cooker.

Still haven't tried using it for a whole chicken yet. What function did you use for it, roast?

We got ours back in December when the oven packed up. My partner wasn't thrilled by it at first but now she's basically always speaking highly of it.
We now only really use the oven if we are having oven pizzas. Otherwise all of our cooking is either done in the air fryer or pressure cooker.

Still haven't tried using it for a whole chicken yet. What function did you use for it, roast?
Air fry, 200c. Didnt even bother turning in over half way through. 40 minutes for that one but we did another and it needed 50 mins and was perfect (50 mins in total from turning on to fully cooked)

When it was done, my girlfriend grabbed some bread and poured the chicken fat over and made air fried chicken toast. Incredible! ...but also highly unhealthy

Whilst not in the same league as the Ninja models, if you are on a budget, then the Tower air fryers are worth a look.

I have the model below which I got on offer for £67.00 at the time.

Also does rotisserie chicken (1.2KG). That’s the main reason I bought it tbh :D

We had a tower one first, whilst good it just wasnt big enough.

Chips need parboiling, that would be an instant nope. The small tower one we had i just chopped up raw sweet potato and theew them in for 22 mins, shaking half way through.

Thanks for the info Guest2. I was looking at the AF400 model for the wife and I as I want to reduce our oven usage drastically due to costs. I had a look at both models this past weekend in Currys and shall wait until the end of the month to purchase one.

Whilst not in the same league as the Ninja models, if you are on a budget, then the Tower air fryers are worth a look.

I have the model below which I got on offer for £67.00 at the time.

Also does rotisserie chicken (1.2KG). That’s the main reason I bought it tbh :D

I looked at these as they are significantly cheaper than the ninja ones.

My deep fryer that I'm intending to replace has a 3l oil capacity and then a basket, so I'm guessing cooking capacity is about 2.5l at the most.

So anything over that capacity wise is fine.

My only hesitation is if the Ninja ones cook the food a bit better? I seen a YouTube of the tower one where it burned the tops of stuff a bit, so just like a really hot oven rather than "air frying" but I don't have first hand experience with either.

I guess if the Ninja ones circulate the air faster/better to get a more even cook?

They are are just really hot, convection ovens. Don't think of them as a deep fat fryer at all. They can crisp up certain things really well but they sure cannot do the same job as a deep fat fryer for others.

Yeah if you're expecting and used to deep fat fryer results you may be disappointed.

Ok thanks guys, I might not bother then.

I only ever use frozen chips so not an issue. Freshly cut chips would be a pain having to parboil I guess.

Get the right potatoes, and pop them in at a lower temperature for the majority of the cooking time, then turn it right up at the end. You end up with lovely soft centres and crispy outsides. I've been using my Philps air fryer since 2011, so have completed many, many tests with it in 11 years and cooked anything and everything (almost). :)

I searched and couldnt see a specific thread for Air Fryers. Mods, please move to 'la-cuisine' I didnt see that sub

Geçen gün, öncelikle kompakt boyutu için bir Tower T17023 Hava Fritözü (2,2 l) satın aldık, ancak o zamandan beri iade ettik ve bir Ninja Foodi Mini Fırın [SP101UK] 8'i 1 Arada Flip Mini Fırın, Hava Fritözü, Fırında Pişirme, Izgara satın aldık , Gümüş.
When we looked at some of the Tefal and Ninja specific air fryers they were quite bulky and the Foodi mini over also folds up when not in use.

Any recommendations on good things to air fry and who has one?

Pics below

Tower
s0oWi53h.jpg

Tower could fit 14 eggs
LhU69byh.jpg

Ninja
bjAZ5LXh.jpg

U2ng94Uh.jpg

spnkrk9h.jpg

cPY32kBh.jpg
I want to buy a air fryer, which model would you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom