Air fryers

Soldato
OP
By spending £200 on an air fryer? :confused:
If it did really save us £60 on electric for the month by not using the oven, then yes.
We bought ours direct from Ninja who so far have hadcreally good customer service. As mentioned, you can usually find them cheaper on deals with random companies.
Ours, my girlfriend bought on 6 months interest free Paypal credit.

By then, we’ll owe it money :cry:

Soldato
As already said - they aren’t ‘£200’ if you shop wisely. The AF300 is currently £154 for example.

Curry’s were selling the AF400 model for £229 when I went last Sunday morning except I know that I can grab one for much less since they’re always on sale.
If it did really save us £60 on electric for the month by not using the oven, then yes.
We bought ours direct from Ninja who so far have hadcreally good customer service. As mentioned, you can usually find them cheaper on deals with random companies.
Ours, my girlfriend bought on 6 months interest free Paypal credit.

By then, we’ll owe it money :cry:
I apologise as I haven't read this entire thread so haven't seen mention of the £60 saving. That sounds like a heck of a lot of saving, if that's true then the investment makes a lot more sense!

Associate
I picked up an AF400 for £200 couple of weeks ago wish I'd got one sooner, saving me tons of cash
Things that take a lifetime in the oven like chicken wings cost me pennies rather than pounds to cook now!

Soldato
Whilst not in the same league as the Ninja models, if you are on a budget, then the Tower air fryers are worth a look.

I have the model below which I got on offer for £67.00 at the time.

Also does rotisserie chicken (1.2KG). That’s the main reason I bought it tbh :D

This is £79.99 now on Amazon by the way for anyone interested :)

Soldato
OP
This is £79.99 now on Amazon by the way for anyone interested :)
Chips need parboiling

Whaaaaat???
Also, be wary of the mini oven tyoe air fryers. Total pig to clean the back of.
A ‘standard’ air fryer with a compartment / conpartments that slot in and out is so much easier

Soldato
Mine is a breeze to clean with a microfibre cloth and some of the elbow grease cleaner you can pickup anywhere.

I honestly can’t fault it other than the control panel beeps.

The rotisserie function is superb for this price point ;)

Soldato
Little difficult to video with the reflective door but you get the idea. Cleaned this up in less than 10 mins with that elbow grease spray. Great for cleaning these things.

Soldato
We recently purchased the NINJA - Foodi MAX Dual Zone AF400UK Air Fryer, and I have to say I'm addicted. Why I didn't get this sooner I don't know, what a revelation in time saved, and cooking ability. Roast chicken comes out so good, and so much quicker. I did chips and roasted tomatoes with garlic in it yesterday for fathers day, was going to try doing steak in it also but will try that for next time. The sync function is a game changer to me, absolute convert as you can tell!

Caporegime
Ordered my AF400 with 2yr guarantee from John Lewis this morning. Seems to be on sale everywhere at £199 so £29 off.

Looking forward to having a play with it tomorrow evening hopefully.
Tip, to save washing, i have started to line it with tin foil for certain foods. It does reduce circulation but nothing a shake or 2 won’t fix mid way.

Saves a lot of washing. Especially for things like sausages.

Associate
Tip, to save washing, i have started to line it with tin foil for certain foods. It does reduce circulation but nothing a shake or 2 won’t fix mid way.

Saves a lot of washing. Especially for things like sausages.

Thanks Raymond, I am doing the same. It makes a big difference. If any fat/juice leaks into the tray, kitchen towel to soak up because the quantity is much less and easier to mop up.

Soldato
Depending on what you are cooking, I would suggest keeping some of the fat for stocks or gravy for example.

I might be a complete brute :D, but the fat and spices from the rotisserie chicken above were used in a chicken stirfry the following day and added amazing flavour.

You just cannot get that sort of flavour from packets or pastes :)

Soldato
Got home quite late, and very tired because some ginj called Ed Sheeran was playing at Wembley. Anyhow I unpacked the AF400, cleaned the trays with some hot water and lobbed in some frozen chips, hash browns and jalepeno poppers. I selected Max Crisp and had no idea what time to use so I selected 15mins at the default max crisp temp. With 7mins elapsed I opened the drawer to give it a shake....everything was already perfectly cooked and browned. Colour me flamin surprised as hell.

Wife used the oven to cook a pizza and some chips - about 25mins whilst I was coming home because she couldn't be bothered waiting. Tommorow I'll try some Slamon and veg/brocococlii!

Back
Top Bottom