Air fryers

Associate
We just bought a Ninja Flexidrawer, first cooking was some bangers, came out OK but I think possibly could have done with a little longer cooking to get the outsides nice and brown.

Soldato
Are there any decent compact air fryers around, seeing as so many are on sale at the moment? I have a very small kitchen and basically no storage space, and they all look huge!

Ideally I’d replace my slow cooker with a device that can do both, but the only one I’ve seen is the Instant Pot, and that seems expensive and bulky.

Soldato
Are there any decent compact air fryers around, seeing as so many are on sale at the moment? I have a very small kitchen and basically no storage space, and they all look huge!

Ideally I’d replace my slow cooker with a device that can do both, but the only one I’ve seen is the Instant Pot, and that seems expensive and bulky.
I've got the Instant Pot one and love it. It's really not bulky.
Exactly like you I wanted to save space and slow cooker, pressure cooker, air fryer, sous vide all in one made do much sense.

Associate

I have the Instant Pot multi cooker and it is quite large. Ninja do their Foodi multi cooker in lots of sizes, this does from 6 to 15 cooking functions dependant on model.
For just an air fryer. Instant do a basic 3.8l which is quite small for around £50. I have one at work due to limited space

Associate
The Ninja Foodi FlexDrawer has dropped in price. Was looking for a wider non two basket approach for larger cuts and bulk meal prepping. The current Air fryer has given 5 years+ of good service so a decent upgrade from a 4.8L
Thinking of one of these or a dual 400 as had the 300 since it came out and only just got the pork joint in this weekend.

Soldato
How do you do baked potatoes in the microwave? I can't imagine they'll be as good if done in oven or air fryer

Gonna do baked potato in air fryer later in the week after getting some pointers here :)
(moving from what I bought thread)
microwaves penetrate deep into the body of the potato, from time zero, and the combo/convection part of the oven is crisping the outside, all done in 20/25mins.
does look as thought they no longer make, smallish 27/30L combo microwaves that do 250C for domestic use that would solve the (scratch) pizza cooking too,
That bbc article also shows what they think is a 50% reduction in electricity versus a air fryer.

Associate
Thinking of one of these or a dual 400 as had the 300 since it came out and only just got the pork joint in this weekend.

Brother got the 400 in the recent sale and I'm convinced the Flexidrawer option is a better route as can fit more easily and give space to things to cook better.

There is a Tower one on Amazon that give you both the flexidrawer and 2 baskets and shame Ninja did not do the same to allow prep and marinate in the drawer before slotting in for next round of food.

Associate
Thank you for the tip, I think my wife is on the case after a discussion with her sister about liners/inserts.
Are there any recommended brands of inserts ?

There are loads on Amazon. Should be able to get a couple under a tenner depending on the size you want. I keep one for savoury and one for sweet stuff and bakes.

Soldato
I've got the Instant Pot one and love it. It's really not bulky.
Exactly like you I wanted to save space and slow cooker, pressure cooker, air fryer, sous vide all in one made do much sense.

I have the Instant Pot multi cooker and it is quite large. Ninja do their Foodi multi cooker in lots of sizes, this does from 6 to 15 cooking functions dependant on model.
For just an air fryer. Instant do a basic 3.8l which is quite small for around £50. I have one at work due to limited space

Thanks both. After doing a bit more research, I've ordered a Ninja Speedi, as it fits in the space I have slightly better than the Instant Pot and seems to cover everything I want :) Slightly more than I had planned to spend, but hopefully it'll be worth it.

Soldato
Thanks both. After doing a bit more research, I've ordered a Ninja Speedi, as it fits in the space I have slightly better than the Instant Pot and seems to cover everything I want :) Slightly more than I had planned to spend, but hopefully it'll be worth it.
I looked at that one as well. I think the fact you can't remove the lid turned me off.

Soldato
I don't know what to do. Last year we got a tower dual drawer air fryer but the Teflon coating peeled away after two months so it went back for a refund.

Now I'm toying with going for a ninja dual drawer BUT I looked at the ninja speedi too.

We are a family of 4 but we often cook 3-4 different meals due to allergies.

I know the dual drawer will do what I want (take over the role of oven whilst we continue to use the hob for pasta/veg) but the Speedi is cheaper on offer.' Im reading that the Speedi is more for cooking full meals rather than the nuggets and vege burgers we tend to use the oven for. I'm.not.sure the Speedi would do a load of pasta plus what we would put in the oven.

Any recommendations??

Edit. I've gone for the Speedi - you only live once, right?

Last edited:
Soldato
Already have the air fryer attachment for my Instant Pot but got tempted on the dual zone of the ninja so ordered the AF415 yesterday from Very, they were offering it for £159 (AF400 was £149) and also got TCB of just over 9 quid so really happy with £150 all in.

Soldato
I have a memory of my mate telling me about a double wide drawer for the ninja dual fryer that you could buy to cook bigger things in than the dual slots would allow. He denies knowing what I am talking about and I cant find any messages about it nor can I find anything like it using google or amazon. I'm wondering if I read it on here somewhere or if someone else has heard of this and could help me out.

Soldato
I have a memory of my mate telling me about a double wide drawer for the ninja dual fryer that you could buy to cook bigger things in than the dual slots would allow. He denies knowing what I am talking about and I cant find any messages about it nor can I find anything like it using google or amazon. I'm wondering if I read it on here somewhere or if someone else has heard of this and could help me out.

Think you mean this model Ninja
Ninja Foodi FlexDrawer Dual AF500UK you don't need to but anything extra allows both out of the box

Pretty sure the dual ninja version below that I have doesn't allow it the middle is closed off

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom