Air fryers

Man of Honour
I throw just about anything and everything into ours best kitchen gadget I've ever bought. Normal oven rarely gets touched and to be honest when I bother to upgrade to a bigger air fryer it may never get used.
I draw the line at eggs though :eek:

Can't type for toffee
Don
yeah I think we might at some point go upto a slightly larger Air fryer
I'm pretty certain that in the new hoose the oven will be immaculate for a long time simply due to lack of use.

I love our current oven but its a Range style (90wide iirc) with a single oven instead of all the daft little ones
Wanted it for the built in rotisserie.. been used about 4 times haha

Soldato
Almost anything you'd cook in an oven, you can cook in an air fryer quicker and more efficiently (unless you're doing a big meal)

Something I've found works really well is mini-pizzas. So, bread + tomato paste + cheese + toppings. Cooks in a couple of minutes.

Chips, nuggets, sausages, burgers. All great.

Can't type for toffee
Don
I tried putting a buttered piece of bread in my Airfryer, it comes out like croutons! Not the texture I like in a toastie....does it work?

well yeah, didn't u just make sorta Air Fryer fried bread?

Cheese on toast (not toastie) is immense in the AF, nice thick slice of bread, grated cheese and a splash or wocestsrcerteshirez - omnomnom

@Raymond Lin 's fault :(

cot.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
well yeah, didn't u just make sorta Air Fryer fried bread?

Cheese on toast (not toastie) is immense in the AF, nice thick slice of bread, grated cheese and a splash or wocestsrcerteshirez - omnomnom

@Raymond Lin 's fault :(

cot.jpg

No, I used the airfryer to bake bread. Not fried bread.

I only once buttered some bread and put it in the airfryer, but it came out like croutons so i never tried it again. I don't want to eat a giant piece of croutons lol

Soldato
I've got the 6.6l model from Costco that Divine Wind showed, just started using it but very impressed. The quickness of it has caught me out, I was cooking my guilty food pleasure (those little chicago town pizzas) and it was slightly over done in 10 minutes at 180, the official time is 22m at 180. Will be trying burgers later and got some chicken wings too.

@~Divine~Wind~ Was the bottom of the bread done as well? I had to turn a steak bake over half way to crisp the bottom.

Soldato
We're an air fryer converted house. Wish we got one sooner as between it and our electronic pressure cooker, they're used pretty much daily. We bought the smaller dual zone Ninja one and my only regret is that we didn't get the bigger one.

Air Fried wings made from scratch, chicken thighs with skin on and salmon are my favourite bits to do in there. Corn on the cob comes out nicely too.

Soldato
Airfryer cooks much faster, smaller environment so more efficient, must save some electricity too.

One thing I do find is that the fan blows food off the top. So if you have grated cheese, it will blow some off before it's melted and will find bits burnt on the edges of the bowl.

Yep, I lost about 6 pepperonis :D

Soldato
I do those individual Pukka Pies in mine, surely vastly more economical than doing them in a full oven. I remember when I first got the air fryer my first thought on cooking *anything* was, can I air fry this?

Can't type for toffee
Don
I've got the 6.6l model from Costco that Divine Wind showed, just started using it but very impressed. The quickness of it has caught me out, I was cooking my guilty food pleasure (those little chicago town pizzas) and it was slightly over done in 10 minutes at 180, the official time is 22m at 180. Will be trying burgers later and got some chicken wings too.

@~Divine~Wind~ Was the bottom of the bread done as well? I had to turn a steak bake over half way to crisp the bottom.

I normally stick the bread in the toaster for a little bit first :)

Aye ignore all the times on packaging now too haha

Back
Top Bottom