Poll: AirPods Max

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date

Will you buy/have you bought AirPods Max?

• Yes

Votes: 26 11.6%
  • No

Votes: 198 88.4%

• Total voters
Somehow, someone within bluetooth range gaining access to my AirPods Max has never worried me. If they want to hear what I'm listening to, I'll happy share. There's no need to go to all that effort ;)

As I’ve said plenty of times, they sound utterly amazing. I’m not sure what else people want? Maybe a bit lighter but I’m more than happy with my ones.

What sort of thing would you have liked to have seen?
at least give it the same chip as the airpods pro 2... They could have easily just put a H2 chip in there for better transparency and noise cancelling.

In an ideal world I would have had that, a better case that it comes with and also maybe a slightly changed design that has benefits such as lighter

Recent reviews show it behind the likes of Sony and Bose, which are also significantly cheaper (and have a case), but I assume they aren’t too far off the mark so you’re just paying the extra Apple tax.

what a disappointment wtf, been waiting years for a proper update and all they give us on 4 year old headphones is usbc and some poxy new colors
Yep, they've not even updated the chip inside which is still the "old" H1.

Not that it matters, £500 is LOL money for a pair of bluetooth headphones and so I'll likely never buy a pair. Even £230 is a touch steep for the AirPod Pro 2s, though I'm at least considering those as I like my original Pros but hoping for a little boost in bass/sound quality.

And for any other time that I can bothered with the faff of dealing with a cable, my Moondrop CHU II in-ears sound much better than my AirPod Pros and they were only £20 :D

As I’ve said plenty of times, they sound utterly amazing. I’m not sure what else people want? Maybe a bit lighter but I’m more than happy with my ones.
I don't know what they would replace it with, but for me it would have to be a redesign of the mesh on the top. Not that it's not comfortable, but it discolours, and whilst I can replace the ear cups I can't easily replace that.

As lame as the update is, I am actually kinda glad they're not a big upgrade...I can keep using my gen 1s as they're still great. I did order some ANC AirPods 4 though

Yep, they've not even updated the chip inside which is still the "old" H1.

Not that it matters, £500 is LOL money for a pair of bluetooth headphones and so I'll likely never buy a pair. Even £230 is a touch steep for the AirPod Pro 2s, though I'm at least considering those as I like my original Pros but hoping for a little boost in bass/sound quality.

And for any other time that I can bothered with the faff of dealing with a cable, my Moondrop CHU II in-ears sound much better than my AirPod Pros and they were only £20 :D
at this point its a 4 year old chip and even the h2 chip is a couple years old, so even updating to that wouldnt have been great but at least its still an upgrade

still selling it for the same price as 4 years ago is definitely LOL worthy though, its almost shameful in fact

airpods max 2 - when it does eventually release will be a massive upgrade though i hope.

i dont even mind paying a bit extra for headphones, but they need to be top tier for my use

I think I'd rather spend £300 on a pair of highend IEMs than get the new Max model. Don't get me wrong I love the Max I already have but apart from USB-C there is no reason to upgrade and if I wanted USB-C I'd just get a lightning to USB-C adaptor.

IEMs are the dogs ******** when it comes to audio quality when paired with a decent DAC.

I think I'd rather spend £300 on a pair of highend IEMs than get the new Max model. Don't get me wrong I love the Max I already have but apart from USB-C there is no reason to upgrade and if I wanted USB-C I'd just get a lightning to USB-C adaptor.

IEMs are the dogs ******** when it comes to audio quality when paired with a decent DAC.

well my wishlist for the new max's would have had a few key features,

1) Provide lossless audio when connected via usb c cable.
2 ) Also be able to use the cable if the battery ever runs out for wireless use.
3) Improving AND/transparency and audio quality (doesnt necessarily have to be a huge upgrade, but an upgrade over the past few years none like how bose and sony are doing)
4) improved case
5) on/off switch... lol
5) lighter weight design? comfort wise they're pretty great already, but using titanium to make it feel lighter would be awesome

well my wishlist for the new max's would have had a few key features,

1) Provide lossless audio when connected via usb c cable.
2 ) Also be able to use the cable if the battery ever runs out for wireless use.
3) Improving AND/transparency and audio quality (doesnt necessarily have to be a huge upgrade, but an upgrade over the past few years none like how bose and sony are doing)
4) improved case
5) on/off switch... lol
5) lighter weight design? comfort wise they're pretty great already, but using titanium to make it feel lighter would be awesome
I'm sure I read early this morning (somewhere!) that someone had managed to confirm with Apple that the "new" Maxes would indeed do lossless when connected USB-C, but I can't find that now :(

I'm sure I read early this morning (somewhere!) that someone had managed to confirm with Apple that the "new" Maxes would indeed do lossless when connected USB-C, but I can't find that now :(

They could have at least mentioned that in the keynote then! But thats certainly a good thing, hoping it means you can use cable when your battery runs out as well then?

Back
Top Bottom