Poll: AirPods Max

Will you buy/have you bought AirPods Max?

• Yes

Votes: 26 11.7%
  • No

Votes: 197 88.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Also just realised that once people can get their hands on them you'll see some nice 3rd party leather/faux leather magnetic cushions as well as the cases, going to be a lot of options for customisation.

Soldato
They look great. That's about as far as my interest goes.

The B&O H95. Now you're talking.

Currently rocking my B&W P7W from many years ago. On the look out for a replacement.

Soldato
Why buy AirPods Pro when you can buy XM3's? Why buy AirPods when you can by 1000 other bluetooth earbuds that cost nothing?
AirPods and AirPods Pro are much more competitive.

They are made by Apple, they don't need to have any benefits over XM4s etc. You make some good points but the points about NFC support and wireless charging is pretty moot, why would Apple care about Android users? and wireless charging would be ridiculous for a pair of headphones, do any headphones of this shape charge wirelessly?

I think I saw on Reddit they are all pretty much sold out everywhere and its expected they will continue to sell well.
Apple have certainly not lost their minds, look at their financials. When was the last time they released a product that didn't do well?

I certainly won't be buying them but I won't stop my missus buying them if she wants them.
Maybe Apple haven’t, but the people that buy them have. For what they offer they are just to show off to everyone else you have the means to purchase them. If you were seriously into wanting a good, useful set of headphones with good features and accessories you wouldn’t give these a second look.

Soldato
Why buy AirPods Pro when you can buy XM3's? Why buy AirPods when you can by 1000 other bluetooth earbuds that cost nothing?

I know this probably was a rhetorical question but just as you mentioned the XM3s I had the WFXM3s (the earbuds, not the cans) and I actually wasn't a fan of them at all so I gave them to my partner and bought the AirPods Pro.

Mind you I don't think I'd buy the AirPods Max, they would have to be a much stronger product than the Sony cans to justify it.

Plus I'm not commuting or flying anywhere these days so my need for wireless cans is even lower.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Arguably about £2/300 too strong considering XM4's, 700 or QC35.

Interesting to see reviews though, particularly how close they are to Beats.

That would make them awful wouldnt it? Beats are some of the most overpriced headphones you can get for the quality they provide. There are £100 headphones that sound better

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I posted something similar above, but then I thought about cameras. Sony have been making cameras for years, but look how far ahead Apple and Google are with mobile photography.

Sony havent been doing "mobile photography" for long at all... Its completely different comparing a mobile camera to an actual one

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

They are made by Apple, they don't need to have any benefits over XM4s etc. You make some good points but the points about NFC support and wireless charging is pretty moot, why would Apple care about Android users? and wireless charging would be ridiculous for a pair of headphones, do any headphones of this shape charge wirelessly?

I think I saw on Reddit they are all pretty much sold out everywhere and its expected they will continue to sell well.
Apple have certainly not lost their minds, look at their financials. When was the last time they released a product that didn't do well?

I certainly won't be buying them but I won't stop my missus buying them if she wants them.

Apple could release a dog turd with an apple logo and people would still buy it... Doesn't mean its a good product though does it?

The problem is the moronic sheep who will go and buy whatever apple sells and acts like its the best thing ever. Cant fault apple for taking advantage of those idiots, because we'd all do the same thing if we had the same level of control over them

Associate
Apple could release a dog turd with an apple logo and people would still buy it... Doesn't mean its a good product though does it?

The problem is the moronic sheep who will go and buy whatever apple sells and acts like its the best thing ever. Cant fault apple for taking advantage of those idiots, because we'd all do the same thing if we had the same level of control over them
Hey hey, look at all the people over there doing something I don't think is a good idea! They can't be right, because I'm right!

Soldato
Maybe Apple haven’t, but the people that buy them have. For what they offer they are just to show off to everyone else you have the means to purchase them. If you were seriously into wanting a good, useful set of headphones with good features and accessories you wouldn’t give these a second look.
From early reviews it does look like they are "a good, useful set of headphones with good features and accessories". The price is pretty much irrelevant, people are spending 1k on a phone when a £10 one does the same job. This is the same, its not a bad product. The value for money can be argued but they are genuinely not releasing bad products to the market.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP

Ah, ZP9, always coming in with the strong anti-Apple views. Why do you even come into this sub-forum if you dislike Apple so much? I really don't like Football, but I don't go into the Football thread and tell everyone how much I dislike it.

Man of Honour
Ah, ZP9, always coming in with the strong anti-Apple views. Why do you even come into this sub-forum if you dislike Apple so much? I really don't like Football, but I don't go into the Football thread and tell everyone how much I dislike it.
People love to bash Apple.

Soldato
What annoys me most about these is the charging via lightening. Just why?!

I'm not the target for these at all, but jeez they really need to decide whether they're going to use USB C or not

Soldato
It's bizarre isn't it. For some reason people just love to criticise Apple for the most obscure things. They're not forcing anyone to buy these headphones, why let it bother you how others spend their money.

I'm not fond of the Android OS so I tend to ignore the threads about Android phones unless it's about a special phone like the Galaxy Fold or the super cheap Chinese ones that are really interesting. But I wouldn't wade into those threads calling people sheep cause they pick a different piece of glass and plastic/metal that I do.

Soldato

I'm not the target for these at all, but jeez they really need to decide whether they're going to use USB C or not

Rumour is the next phone may be portless so wouldn't be surprised to never see a USB C iPhone. I think they'll probably remain to use lighting for their charging needs for the headphones and iPads though

Commissario
I've just spent the last ten minutes going through the last few months worth of your posts in the Apple forums @ZP9 and then came back in here to basically post what's been said above.

You're clearly here just to bash Apple at every available opportunity. I consider that trolling so take this as an official warning.

Soldato

I have to agree here, Apple are in this frustrating transitionary period where they can't seem to decide on Lightning VS USB C - I must admit prior to this release I thought we'd seen the last Lightning devices outside of iPhones and was happy about that as USB C adoption is better.

Back
Top Bottom