Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Soldato
oh man, everyone had an eclipse 62 at some point

I think the case hall of fame is:

The big beige beast OCUK sold around 2003 (forget the name)
Akasa Eclipse 62
Coolermaster ATC

Associate
I still have 2. One lives in the cupboard gathering dust and the other has my GFs computer in it currently.

I switched my main rig into a coolermaster elite 130 earlier in the year.

Soldato
Still using mine, main rig moved to a Silverstone TJ09 for top vents, then on to a Raven RV05 (wanted the Fortress but this was half the price for plastic) for better gpu cooling and port access. Eclipse now lays under a bed housing my file/media server with passive components and 18tb of foam mounted hard drives. Can't hear it over the hum of the sub in the same room. Rescued it from someone who wanted to put 4x 120mm fans in the side panel and it's been running a pc in one form or another 24h/365d for the last 10 years. Solid case and fantastic value.

Looking through old photos of mine:

First media centre, seeing if the top hdd rack would still fit with an arctic cooler (2007)
Copy%20of%20IMAGE_529.jpg

mce2.jpg

Back as main PC in 2008. 1.65tb of HDD space!

P1010021.JPG

i7 System built in 2009, this is the case after a tidy up in 2011

akec1.jpg

A year later it went on to full time file server/media player when my main system was moved into rescued TJ09.

I'll need to get some photos of the file server up, but there's a lot of foam in there!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm still using an old Coolermaster atcs 200 (I think thats the number).
Heavily modded to incorporate at least 5 x 120mm fans though I'm only 4 atm.It really took a lot of hacking 'n slashing and riveting to get the space needed but it is doable.
Heres a coupla pics which show the internal paintwork needs a bit of attention.

The case can accommodate a 2 x 120 rad cooler assembly at the top and the rear 120mm fan can be removed and something like an H55/Kraken combo can be fitted to the GPU and installed with just about 1mm off clearance.

Associate
OP
Still using mine, main rig moved to a Silverstone TJ09 for top vents, then on to a Raven RV05 (wanted the Fortress but this was half the price for plastic) for better gpu cooling and port access. Eclipse now lays under a bed housing my file/media server with passive components and 18tb of foam mounted hard drives. Can't hear it over the hum of the sub in the same room. Rescued it from someone who wanted to put 4x 120mm fans in the side panel and it's been running a pc in one form or another 24h/365d for the last 10 years. Solid case and fantastic value.

Looking through old photos of mine:

First media centre, seeing if the top hdd rack would still fit with an arctic cooler (2007)
Copy%20of%20IMAGE_529.jpg

mce2.jpg

Back as main PC in 2008. 1.65tb of HDD space!

P1010021.JPG

i7 System built in 2009, this is the case after a tidy up in 2011

akec1.jpg

A year later it went on to full time file server/media player when my main system was moved into rescued TJ09.

I'll need to get some photos of the file server up, but there's a lot of foam in there!

Looks very nice setup, very shortly building new computer and will update case pictures.

Associate
I still have the classics...an original Akasa Eclipse 62 with extra AMD etched side window and the original box. Also a 2002 Globalwin 802 OCUK Coolercase Tornado (sounded like one!) in rare black with replaced gold fan grills and quieter Akasa fans (originally 4x YS Tech 120mm).

Both have been in storage and I can't find a use / part with them. Both in very good condition (some wear and tear in places). Still have their spare fascias etc. I know in the past case king Yewen was after one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom