Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Soldato
it's just such an epic case! I've still got my mirage (eclipse with a door) as my main rig! it's bombproof!

Seconded! I've still got my Omega (an Eclipse with an aluminium door & grill, plus 2x120mm cutouts on the top and side). Its given 5 years of epic service :D

Will be replacing it in the near future though :(

Soldato
Well i hated the original window panel on mine. It went cloudy from the UV cathodes and always had a blue tint to it when fitted as opposed to being clear so i got a sheet of perspex and the drill and sorted out a much clearer sheet for it!

90ze.jpg

hw2y.jpg

u3bj.jpg

Soldato
Still using my case, it's on its 4th system and now houses a low power file server with passive components (chunky cpu, graphics and PSU all fanless) and suspended hard drives. Just 2 intake fans running 5v (normal 120mm and a 140mm in the drivebays) and the whole system runs cool and silent under a bed. Quietest PC I've ever owned :)

Associate
Dat necro! :D

Case design and functionality has clearly moved on since these were released, yet they've still got a lot of pedigree: the Eclipse, Mirage and Omega were pretty much the Enthoo Primo of 2006-2008. Built like tanks with loads of room and modding/watercooling potential.

The only case that's tempted me to upgrade from my Omega is the Air 540 but I've held off due to a few quirks (noisy stock fans, minimal dust filters, build quality concerns, etc).

Associate
Don't know where this hype for the enthoos is coming from:confused:.
Aren't they a little bit overrated???
I'm thinking I'll replace my eclipse with a thermaltake core v51 when it comes out
or a silverstone from the raven series.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Don't know where this hype for the enthoos is coming from:confused:.
Aren't they a little bit overrated???
I'm thinking I'll replace my eclipse with a thermaltake core v51 when it comes out
or a silverstone from the raven series.

As an enthoo primo owner I can say they certainly live up to the hype. Well built, excellent features. I wonder how Phanteks can make much money on them at the price they go for. The stock fans alone are worth about 70 quid. For the £200.00 price tag you get an awful lot of case for the money. As for water cooling support, I can't think of another manufacturer who offers compatibility straight out of the box. Regarding the eclipse, finally retired mine this year. The system that was in it has been moved into my old shinobi xl.

Caporegime
Yeah I suppose looks are a personal thing. That thermaltake looks good, though their build quality was always a bit suspect in the past. Hopefully this has changed as I quite like some of their designs.

Soldato
Thread revival, anyone still have one of these? Until recently it housed my main system but now has become a spare PC/server. I was going to rehouse the system into a new case but on swi tching the power supply out I realised it's still a great case. Bit dated now in design but still a solid easy to work on case.
Still using the original fans that came with it too....some 8 years old and everything good, not even any scratches either

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom