Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Associate
Hi, Post pictures of your Akasa Eclipse 62 creations, just finished my latest build..S Series AM2 Gigabyte Motherboard..8800XFX GTS..AMD64 AM2 5000+..2GB Crucial Ballistix..X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty X-RAM 64MB. Excellent case, enhanced further with the addition of Akasa's side window, intrested to see and hear peoples experiences with the Akasa Eclipse 62.

Associate
OP
Lolcb said:
Dude, you need a better monitor lol. And why did u buy 5000+ ??
Hi, Monitor 19" CTX only 6 months old, was going to get flat panel, but this babys resolution far exceeds most flat panels, and the response times are better, perfect for what I want (Gaming) the only benefit I can see in getting one at the moment would be to save desk space, not a problem I've got ;) AMD 64 AM2 5000+ great CPU always been a dedicated AMD fan :) runs nice and cool under load, been very happy with this build, all games running Ultra Smooth and nothing seems to break it into a sweat. Hope you got your "Just Cause" game sorted, any pictures of your Desktop PC ;) Had the Creative ExtremeMusic in my old PC, the Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty X-RAM 64MB makes a tremendous diffrence to performance and clarity. Happy New Year lolcb ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
tomanders91 said:
Definatly considering one of these, how well ventilated are they? and did they come with fans or did you have to buy them seperatly?
The Akasa Eclipse 62 is very well ventilated, with 1x120mm fan bay at the frount and a 120mm fan bay at the back, the main advantage is the Akasa Eclipse 62 is that it is a very wide case, encouraging excellent air flow for all components, I have an AMD64 AM2 Dual Core 5000+ fitted with Stock HSF, and never goes over 36 degrees under load, the 8800GTS also seems to be catching a cold ;) No fans are supplied with the Akasa Eclipse 62, saying that I would prefer to buy my own, factory pre-installed fans fitted in cases are usually under par with the leading brands, and not giving a good CFM rating ;)

Associate
OP
Azza said:
That side panel looks realy great PinkFloyd. How did you go about doing that? Im getting the windowed panel that Akasa does but yours looks great. May give it a go.

Some pictures of just how removable the panels are.

2.jpg

3.jpg

And here are the panels.

1.jpg
Hi Azza, Noticed top panel with two 120mm fan fittings, been toying with putting a 120mm fan on top panel, were did you get panel / work done, PS: Excellent pics ;)

Associate
OP
Azza said:
I bought the case from the MM. The guy I bought it from did it himself, he had a double rad init for his watercooling. Ive since got a new top panel. I may tidy up his cutting and put some fans in there or splash out on some watercooling and do my own cutting in the new panel.

Are you using the stock cooler on your CPU BFG 9000?

As you can see from pictures of my Akasa Eclipse, my AMD64 AM2 Dual Core 5000+ is using the Stock HSF, always used Stock HSF's, my AM2 5000+ is running very cool under load not exceeding 36 degrees, on idle it sits at 26 degrees, so very happy, the Akasa Eclipse 62 also contributes to excellent cooling to all components... ;)

Associate
OP
Dreamcaster said:
heres mine, done couple of things to it - added 120mm top blow hole and modded the front hdd cage to take a 120x38mm fan.

3 120x38mm panaflo fans all together.

DSCF0177.jpg

DSCF0185.jpg
Where did you get the top 120mm blow hole done.... great pics :D

Associate
OP
Put the hard-drive in a 5.3/4 Caddie fitted with twin fans blowing underneath in middle top bay, reason being I was able to loose the front hard-drive cage and floppy cage at the front, having a 120mm Akasa fan totally free of any obstructions whilst cooling ;) looks neater as well :eek:

Associate
OP
andywhir said:
ok sorry did really understand ** post bfg you mean for me to put the 2 hdds at the top with no fan or wa ??

pinkfloyed give me a email at [email protected] just about the manu and how there doing :)

didint see any thing not allowing me to post my email :confused:

PLS tell me if there is :)
Bought a hard-drive caddy with two 60mm fans built in, hard-drive sits directly on top, unlike most where the hard-drive is completely enclosed... this setup the hard-drive is getting very good air flow from beneth, which enables both lower drive cages to be removed for improved airflow by the front 120mm fan.... works a treat :D much cooler and neater.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
snowdog said:
Hello,
I'm trying to decide if akasa eclipse 62 is the good case for me but I'm unable to see if itll fit all the stuff i want:

1 optical
5 hard disks
8800gts
Standard atx mainboard
Tuniq 120

Anyone has info to how far the gts streches , there must be enough space to but a hdd behind it...
GTS has 10.5 inches of free space when fitted to the front of the case, you will definately fit all of your components in and more, this case offers more space than you will ever need.................... " the only limitations is your imagination" ;) :D

Associate
OP
snowdog said:
Ok thanks peeps, soon ( within 2 months hopefully) ill have my stuff in a akasa eclipse 62... ( need money for rest of parts 1st ) :)
If you need confirmation of space, look at pictures I have posted of my case, includes 8800GTS looooooooooads of room ;)

Back
Top Bottom