Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Cheers for the positive comments guys :).

BFG,............ Only holes cut out at the moment are the ones you can see by the Sata and power supply cable, but as the MB is in for trial fit I will mark out the CPU mounting holes and drill them out (anything to save removing MB to change blocks).

I will post up pics when done, tomorrow I hope.

Next job is to mod the OCZ Ram cooling fan holder, have to cut out to the front face to replace with mesh that's the same as the rad grill.

:)

Last edited:
Cheers for the positive comments guys :).

BFG,............ Only holes cut out at the moment are the ones you can see by the Sata and power supply cable, but as the MB is in for trial fit I will mark out the CPU mounting holes and drill them out (anything to save removing MB to change blocks).

I will post up pics when done, tomorrow I hope.

Next job is to mod the OCZ Ram cooling fan holder, have to cut out to the front face to replace with mesh that's the same as the rad grill.

:)

Cheers M8..:D This is looking to be a great Akasa setup.. 10/10

Wow... Get ready for lots of space and expansion goodness..:D
exactly why i opted for the eclipse, ive had the tsunami for 3 years now and its been a nightmare as far as space, i always put off buying a new case so as to save money for newer components but im now in a position were i can afford something better and more importantly, more spacious.

exactly why i opted for the eclipse, ive had the tsunami for 3 years now and its been a nightmare as far as space, i always put off buying a new case so as to save money for newer components but im now in a position were i can afford something better and more importantly, more spacious.

Don't forget pics of your build..:cool:

BFG, sorry to ask you directly but you seem to be the person in the know regarding the Eclipse case and the one person everyone looks to lol :)

Just looking at the Akasa AK-PAX-2 PaxMate Plus Acoustic Absorption Mat, and I noticed you had it fitted, how much difference does it make to the overall noise?

On another note, how did you go about removing the lower hard drive bays?

not as pro as bfg when it comes to the eclipse/mirage,

do you mean the hard drive bays at the bottom of the case when the fan is situated? they are attached to the floppy drive bay by a pull plug, all you got to do is pull the plug which unsecures the bay and then pull it out.

if your looking at making more space, have the hdd in the 5.25 bays (if you got the room) and take the hdd + fdd bays out, plenty of room then :)

do you mean the hard drive bays at the bottom of the case when the fan is situated? they are attached to the floppy drive bay by a pull plug, all you got to do is pull the plug which unsecures the bay and then pull it out.

Pretty certain there are screws behind the front panel too. Mine has them, although its not an Akasa model, newer revisions may have got rid of that.

BFG, sorry to ask you directly but you seem to be the person in the know regarding the Eclipse case and the one person everyone looks to lol :)

Just looking at the Akasa AK-PAX-2 PaxMate Plus Acoustic Absorption Mat, and I noticed you had it fitted, how much difference does it make to the overall noise?

Hi Willbo, The Akasa Pax-mate Absorption Mat Kit I find an excellent way of finishing the Eclipse in looks especially when it is fitted with a windowed side panel, the kit comes with two pre-cut mats of which each one fits perfectly at the bottom of the case, and a roll which can be cut to any size that you choose... The only part of the Pax-mate I use is the pre-cut for the base of the case which is purely cosmetic, and a little piece to block off the rear openings by the PCI card rail, to stop any cool air leaving the case from the front 120mm fan, keeping the case cooler..and it works..:cool: Overall noise diffrence as you ask is no diffrent, as stated I have only used it to give the base of the case a better look.. When installing the the lower pax-mate mat don't peel off the backing as it will be very difficult to remove once fitted, I usually take mine out once a month to shake any dust that has accumilated at the bottom of the Akasa.

To remove to lower HDD cages you first have to remove the front bezel, which enables you to get to the HDD cage screws which are located behind (6 in total.. 4x5.25 & 2x2.5) Once screws have been removed pull both the plastic lugs out from each of the cages,1 on each internal bay... and the cages will simply slide out.

Last edited:
Just Arrived Today 2nd Akasa Eclipse 62 (V2) Build :o)

Postman delivered a load of *goodies* today for my 2nd Akasa Eclipse 62 (V2) Build. Going to load my Akasa Eclipse 62 with a AMD 6400+, 4GB Ballistix Memory, Gigabyte MA790FX-DS5, SATA: Samsung 750GB S300 32MB HDD, SATA: DVD Rom Drive, X-fi Extreme Gamer & finally a XFX Alpha Dog Edition 512MB 8800GTS..:cool: All powered with a Thermaltake Toughpower 750w modular PSU.

Will post some build shots over the next few days..;)

Last edited:
Crucial really do send their RAM out in feeble little boxes don't they lol

Why AMD mate?

Crucials transit boxes are extremely sturdy and protect the memory very well during transit, both delivered in a Royal Mail Special Delivery bag..

I have always enjoyed building with AMD chips, the AMD 6400+ with 2 cores running at 3.2GHz it is ample for what I need to enjoy my gaming..:cool:

I am looking for a new case at present, max budget is £90 and I am looking for a case to keep for future builds. I have always bought £50 cases and have never been 100% happy with them.

I have been looking through this thread and reading some reviews on the net and the Eclipse does look like a case that would suit my needs. One question though, is there circular holes cut in the motherboard tray for cable routing? Reviews seem to show there are but looking at the pictures in this thread its very hard to tell, anyone say for sure?

I don't use many devices (1 sata and 1 optical) so have few wires but I really like to have a uber clean and tidy setup, is it easy to obtain with this case? The other option I was looking at was the Thermaltake Armour, I know they are not to everyone's tastes but I really like the look/size of it. I almost decide on the Armour and then coming back in this thread starts to change my mind again :D

I don't use many devices (1 sata and 1 optical) so have few wires but I really like to have a uber clean and tidy setup, is it easy to obtain with this case?

i found this case to be very easy to hide cables, mine isnt looking the best at the min because im putting cooling in it at the min.

there are holes on the motherboard tray, mine has one (standard) and others have 2 but i think thats dependant on the rev number of the case, correct me if im wrong :p

i have cut about 5 extra holes closer to the ports on my motherboard and also one at the top of the case to allow the power cables to go straight down the back of the case.

back to my case, :p watercooling in , need to change fan direction, secure rad and thats about it, on to the window

P050208_2300.jpg

P050208_2310.jpg

Agr3sive: The holes in the Motherboard tray do vary in version number, V1 has three holes and the new V2 has one Motherboard hole on the tray located where the PCI's sit... I have both versions and to be honest I haven't needed to use them for any cable routing, the large size of the case has plenty of room for all the cabling you need to route...

i found this case to be very easy to hide cables, mine isnt looking the best at the min because im putting cooling in it at the min.

there are holes on the motherboard tray, mine has one (standard) and others have 2 but i think thats dependant on the rev number of the case, correct me if im wrong :p

i have cut about 5 extra holes closer to the ports on my motherboard and also one at the top of the case to allow the power cables to go straight down the back of the case.

back to my case, :p watercooling in , need to change fan direction, secure rad and thats about it, on to the window

P050208_2300.jpg

P050208_2310.jpg

WOW...:eek: nice setup M8...

Back
Top Bottom