Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Associate
WOW...:eek: nice setup M8...

its getting there, its been a labour of love and hate to be honest :p once i get the cables done, mesh in, window done and the rest of the kit mounted i think it will look top dog :)

any updates on your build?
Postman delivered a load of *goodies* today for my 2nd Akasa Eclipse 62 (V2) Build. Going to load my Akasa Eclipse 62 with a AMD 6400+, 4GB Ballistix Memory, Gigabyte MA790FX-DS5, SATA: Samsung 750GB S300 32MB HDD, SATA: DVD Rom Drive, X-fi Extreme Gamer & finally a XFX Alpha Dog Edition 512MB 8800GTS..:cool: All powered with a Thermaltake Toughpower 750w modular PSU.

love it when the postman brings a bag full of goodies :d ..........................*calls work to tell them im "sick" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
its getting there, its been a labour of love and hate to be honest :p once i get the cables done, mesh in, window done and the rest of the kit mounted i think it will look top dog :)

Looking forward to seeing your finished master piece...;) The colour of the coolant really sets the case of nice...again very nice work..:cool:

Fitted HDD this evening, starting my main build tommorrow as I have got a few days off, so definetly some more pics to follow...:D

Last edited:
Caporegime
i have my rig newly installed in an akasa eclipse 62, the amount of space is unbelievable, i currently have the standard case (need a windowed side panel) but when i look into the case with the panel of, it looks so clean with no obstructions at all, have to get a digi camera and post some pics, definitely a brilliant case:)

Associate
Made a new thread, but had no replies, maybe i shudda asked here 1st, but anyway, just got an Akasa Eclipse 64 case, and can't seem to see how to remove the fans that come with it (seems like they are glued to the case), as i want to replace them with some Noctua's...

Any help appreciated... :)

Associate
OP
Made a new thread, but had no replies, maybe i shudda asked here 1st, but anyway, just got an Akasa Eclipse 64 case, and can't seem to see how to remove the fans that come with it (seems like they are glued to the case), as i want to replace them with some Noctua's...

Any help appreciated... :)

Do you mean an Akasa Eclipse 62 case... The pre-installed fans in the Eclipse are only fitted using standard fan screws.... are there screws in the fans???

Last edited:
Associate
OP
i have my rig newly installed in an akasa eclipse 62, the amount of space is unbelievable, i currently have the standard case (need a windowed side panel) but when i look into the case with the panel of, it looks so clean with no obstructions at all, have to get a digi camera and post some pics, definitely a brilliant case:)

Definetly get a side panel window, makes all the diffrence..:cool: Look forward to seeing some pics M8.

Associate
Do you mean an Akasa Eclipse 62 case... The pre-installed fans in the Eclipse are only fitted using standard fan screws.... are there screws in the fans???

Thanks for the advice m8... Didn't realise they were screwed in, previous cases i've owned only had them clipped in... Doh!... :)

One other quick question, how do i remove the front facia from the case (to gain access to the front fan)... I don't want to damage my nice new Eclipse... :eek:

Associate
OP
AMD 6400+ Build Progress Part 1 :o)

Started build of my AMD 6400+ today into an Akasa Eclipse 62 V2 and posting pictures as promised.. Very suprised on how easy this is going, the AMD 6400+ heatsink & Fan was almost zero pressure to put on compared to the intel heaksinks that I had to take a bodybuilding course to put on... Power supply is going in this evening then XFX Alpha Dog Edition 512MB GTS, Creative X-fi XtremeGamer and some additional fans will go in tommorrow...hope you like pics.

Last edited:
Associate
Started build
snip

looking good, have been looking at making another amd build after all i did use them for a long time before C2Q, keep up the pics :)

Thanks for the advice m8... Didn't realise they were screwed in, previous cases i've owned only had them clipped in... Doh!... :)

One other quick question, how do i remove the front facia from the case (to gain access to the front fan)... I don't want to damage my nice new Eclipse... :eek:

if you got the mirage, take off the two side panels, on the inside towards the front you should see 3 clips down each side, simply put your finger under the clips and lift gentle and they should pop out, the ones on the side closest to the power on button on the front of the case are a bit harder to unclip but take your time :)

to put them back on just line the front up with the drive bay devices etc and push the fascia on to the case until you hear the clips click :)

Associate
OP
Those pics are awesome mate, I am really looking forward to seeing what the finished build looks like. One thing you can say about the Eclipse is that it is MASSIVE!!! Inside that case your motherboard looks like its a matx :D

Yes the Akasa Eclipse swallows up full ATX boards very well, going to make a start on the power supply and cabling tonight...:cool: more pics tommorrow..;)

Associate
I just can't decide what case I want to get, I am looking for one with £90max budget that has excellent cooling and a window. I really do like the Eclipse and have done for a while, on the other hand is the Antec P182 which has a nicer internal design in my opinion and looks easier to route cables neatly, but has no window.

But then I like cases as well which I know others would class as tacky, Thermaltakes, cases with insanely big fans etc. Money seems to be easier to spend when you don't have it, before I had this case money I was looking around and could spend the money easily, now I have it I can't make my damn mind up :p

Associate
OP
I just can't decide what case I want to get, I am looking for one with £90max budget that has excellent cooling and a window. I really do like the Eclipse and have done for a while, on the other hand is the Antec P182 which has a nicer internal design in my opinion and looks easier to route cables neatly, but has no window.

But then I like cases as well which I know others would class as tacky, Thermaltakes, cases with insanely big fans etc. Money seems to be easier to spend when you don't have it, before I had this case money I was looking around and could spend the money easily, now I have it I can't make my damn mind up :p

The Antec P182 is a good design, but the segmented compartments can restrict cabling, the lower chamber especially with the 120mm fan cage and HDD cage being so close together... I have found the Akasa Eclipse far easier in cable management and the case is so much larger & wider to work in.

Permabanned

I moved from a P180 to an Eclipse.... I would never go back! :)

Associate
OP
AMD 6400+ Build Progress Part 2 :o)

Finished putting the Thermaltake Toughpower 750w modular PSU in Akasa, bit of polishing the case and getting the rest of components ready for tommorrows build..:cool:

Associate
if you got the mirage, take off the two side panels, on the inside towards the front you should see 3 clips down each side, simply put your finger under the clips and lift gentle and they should pop out, the ones on the side closest to the power on button on the front of the case are a bit harder to unclip but take your time :)

to put them back on just line the front up with the drive bay devices etc and push the fascia on to the case until you hear the clips click :)

Thanks for the help m8, i have the Eclipse 62, and your suggestion worked, front facia is off and you are correct in saying the side closest to the power on button on the front is a pain to release, especially the top clip, as the 5.25" cage leaves little room to get your finger in... :eek:

Now time to replace the fans and install my new Icy Dock Caddy... :D

Back
Top Bottom