Alan Partridge back next month

Soldato
“Who’s this beautiful blonde man with a lovely voice? It’s Annie Lennox.”

Was skiiing recently and someone in our group had the Partidge in my Pocket app. Drove us all nuts but was pretty funny.

Also looking forward to this.

Soldato
well the female presenters a good parody of alex white/jones (is it), in the one show,
but Alan's rapport/interchange with her just seems stilted compared to the superior to sub-ordinate relationship in Rnorfolk show, or with Lynn ... personally disappointed.
who wrote it ?

edit - turned over
edit2 - hopefully this years trip will maintain quality with previous series.

Last edited:
Soldato
I absolutely love Alan Patridge but I must say I'm struggling to enjoy this, maybe its just my mood I don't know :)
Thats how i felt. I think it may have had it's day. It's been trailed so heavily by the BBC that they really built it up. It didn't work for me and am a massive Coogan fan going back to Paul Calf Video Diary (done on Bob's video, fat Bob's video)

Soldato
I've been a fan of Alan Partridge since he was first introduced in the 90's. I had high hopes for this, but despite a handful of "classic Partridge" moments, I thought it fell flat. What initially made the character special for me, was seeing him operating within his day to day life (I'm Alan Partridge S1 and 2). I thought it gave a good "off screen" insight into the character outside of Knowing me Knowing You. This new series seems like a step backwards, because we are seeing the character in TV presenter mode, as apposed to every day Alan; which is where the character shines imo.

Caporegime
I thought it was good, though the best thing he ever did as Alan Partridge, IMO, was the one where he stayed in the travel tavern.

Glad I watched it though. :D

Soldato
I've been a fan of Alan Partridge since he was first introduced in the 90's. I had high hopes for this, but despite a handful of "classic Partridge" moments, I thought it fell flat. What initially made the character special for me, was seeing him operating within his day to day life (I'm Alan Partridge S1 and 2). I thought it gave a good "off screen" insight into the character outside of Knowing me Knowing You. This new series seems like a step backwards, because we are seeing the character in TV presenter mode, as apposed to every day Alan; which is where the character shines imo.

I completely agree with this, I'll continue to watch I'm Alan Partridge s1 and 2 as it's incredibly good, this just failed to deliver for me.

Associate
I enjoyed it, got better as the episode went on. Not as good as the earlier stuff as illuded to above but will be interesting to see where this goes.

Sidekick Simons bit was properly cringy (in a good way) and Lynn's moment was quite spikey. Will be interesting to see how that develops too.

Permabanned
Liked it a lot. Got a few friends who've only ever seen the original series and they weren't fans. Feel like that's going to be the way for a lot of people, the character has changed quite a lot over the years.

Back
Top Bottom