Alan Partridge back next month

Associate
I found myself forcing laughs as i really wanted it to be good ,the sketch where the woman disagrees with everything Alan says was brilliant tho

Soldato
Some journalist on talkradio last night said he's seen episode 2, that it's better than the first one, but it still didn't make him laugh. I take that with a pinch of salt. Whilst I agree last week fell flat in places, there was enough to make me laugh and I'll be watching the rest of the series which I think is only 6 episodes.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

They need to ditch the talk show element and show his life outside of TV. That’s where he shines imo because you see an in-depth look at his insane antics.

I don’t think they can spread the “talk too much crap” idea across 6 episodes without some change of pace.

Soldato
I found it funny, with a few belly laughs but I've always found partridge shines outside of the TV show / radio show format. That's why everyone loves I'm Alan Partridge

Soldato
I keep seeing Stan Laurel facial expressions and mannerisms in Coogan's latest interpretation of Partridge. I watched all of I'm Alan Partridge at the weekend and it's still classic comedy. This new series is a poor shadow of the former work. I'll stick with it for now but I hope it picks up.

Soldato
Loving the subtle humour in this episode. I might have missed it in the last one so I'll have to watch it again.

Soldato
A few funny moments; interview with the guy from Sunderland and the person falling off the end of the seat, being the best. The show has no "warmth" to it though. It feels too sterile imo.

Associate
That episode was textbook, first class.

20190304.jpg

Soldato
I lol'd when he sat down and crossed his legs. But my two favourite physical comedy bits from tonight's episode are when Alan tries to look cool but almost falls over, and cranks his neck following the camera which distorts his voice. :D

Soldato
The show has no "warmth" to it though. It feels too sterile imo.

That means it's doing a damn good job at aping The One Show then. And that Sam Chatwin was definitely not based on Dan Snow either.

Gotta say, I loved the ending when it had all turned a bit Savile and Partridge had them on the rocks with "Sam Chatwin, you claimed to have Christmassed with him didn't you? And Jennie, you Eastered with him? Right, we have 15s left, anyone want to say something about John?" Silence.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I’d like to see more of the relationship between Jenny and Alan. At the moment it’s obvious she hates him but there’s no depth to it because we haven’t seen anything other than her contempt / ignoring him between the VTs.

Soldato
I wasn't familiar with Susannah Fielding, so decided to Google her name. She's certainly got an impressive body...of work.

Back
Top Bottom