Alan Wake 2

Loved the first game & its DLC....this does not look great more of a HD Remaster looking at the locations revealed to date :rolleyes:

MS invested heavily in Alan Wake 1 it was supposed to be an Xbox Game Pass launch title originally...then MS let Remedy self publish on Steam instead....this looks like its an Epic store exclusive....!

Me personally I really enjoyed the first one! The issue is do I get it for my computer or ps5 on a 55 inch 4k tv on my bed with the Sony pS5 headset which will no doubt add to the horror!

Very cool to see taxi turned into police car and a subway popped up instantly. Think Alan Wake 2 will used DirectStorage. :D

Edit: I noticed video was removed by uploader, found another video which was the same one so uploader was forget to put his logo on first video. I fixed the link with new video.

Last edited:
I'm really really hoping the combat is tightened up but it still appears light mechanic is still a big thing for the sequel. I struggled to play the remake and have still yet to complete it on the PS5 as the combat was quite frustrating and somewhat tedious.

So Alan Wake features full path tracing and DLSS 3.5.

Can someone confirm if it also uses Direct Storage because I can't seem to find any confirmation on it?

It looks really good. Can't wait.

I'm really really hoping the combat is tightened up but it still appears light mechanic is still a big thing for the sequel. I struggled to play the remake and have still yet to complete it on the PS5 as the combat was quite frustrating and somewhat tedious.
It really let down the first game. They must have made it a lot better for the sequel...surely.

So Alan Wake features full path tracing and DLSS 3.5.

Can someone confirm if it also uses Direct Storage because I can't seem to find any confirmation on it?

Found this video I think it gave hints Alan Wake 2 will be the first Remedy game to use DirectStorage technology for fast swapping assets to streaming frames and instantaneous switch levels. That sound like what Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and Forspoken did with DirectStorage technology.

We have to wait and see until when Remedy release Alan Wake 2 system requirements to confirm it.

If direct storage made no difference for ratchet on pc then I cannot see what difference it would make for Alan Wake.

All direct storage did for Ratchet & Clank is introduce awful framepacing judder - remove the 2 direct storage DLL files from the game's root folder and it's smooth as silk!

DS has certainly been underwhelming so far that's for sure.

All direct storage did for Ratchet & Clank is introduce awful framepacing judder - remove the 2 direct storage DLL files from the game's root folder and it's smooth as silk!

DS has certainly been underwhelming so far that's for sure.
I had no issue with Ratchet & Clank on DirectStorage, never had framepacing judder.

I read some reports that people tried turned off NVIDIA Reflex Low Latency and Dynamic Resolution Scaling helped fixed it.

DirectStorage has certainly been impressive so far.

I really want this game and hope it will be a success though. I completed the original over 4 times. Prefer they did a physical release for the Ps though ( prices drop more then digital )

Back
Top Bottom