Alan Wake 2

Alan Wake was a great game for those of us who prefer a linear story-focussed game over open world time sinks. I’ll likely pick this game up, but I never pay RRP for single player games, so likely wait til it comes down a bit.

Alan Wake was a great game for those of us who prefer a linear story-focussed game over open world time sinks. I’ll likely pick this game up, but I never pay RRP for single player games, so likely wait til it comes down a bit.
Currently forcing myself to finish it (as tried it years ago and it was a bit meh) as I did Control and the 1st dlc and the 2nd obviously links to this, so have to smash AW1 out before Control AWE, then I'm ready for this. Sucks as it's taking time away from Starfield haha!

It'd be nice if it had the Controls that Control uses, they work pretty well (with a controller) - jeez how many controls did I just say!

You’ve gotta remember AW1 is pretty damned old now. Sure I completed it on the Xbox 360. I’d be more tempted to watch it on YouTube while working now rather than put yourself through playing it.

The game is looking great but there is something off regarding the characters faces and the facial animation - a bit too stiff looking perhaps.
Agreed, the tech just looks a bit old. Games for a number of years now have been showing very high res textures for faces and superb facial animations - AW2 seems to fall short a bit here. But I also don’t think that’s something which would hold back your enjoyment of the game.

Still holding out hope that AW1 Remaster comes to Steam.
Likewise - but I think Remedy and Epic are pretty much joined at the hip now - supposedly AWII wouldn't have happened if not for Epic's investment. Not expecting to see AWII on Steam for a loooong time - if at all :(

BTW - Skill Up's got a great preview:

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk
Alan Wake 2 dev talks about the biggest challenges of working with Xbox Series S
"Choosing my words carefully here... we like Xbox, we like Sony."
"With Series S, the CPU is pretty much the same as on Series X, there's not a massive difference. But the GPU is an issue, it really is. And then, having less memory is a pretty big problem. And we often get, 'hey, you make PC games, surely you know how to scale?'. Well, memory is not a problem on PC, it really isn't..."
"Obviously there's a massive difference in power [between Xbox Series X and Series S], so it's a lot easier to scale on the PC because of memory - and it's not like there's one super PC and one weaker PC, there's like 300 PC configurations in-between, and trust me, that's a massive struggle but we've shipped a lot of PC [games] so we're a bit better about that."
"We've really worked hard on getting Series S to run at a solid 30FPS and trying to maintain a good visual quality, but if you want to see the game at its best in full next-gen form then it's going to be on the machines that have the hardware to enable that."
PC
Master
Race
:cool:

Last edited:
This sequel is long overdue, the direction is supposedly less action and more survival horror than the first, really hoping this is good.

Looks right up my street, loved the original despite the janky controls (and they were super wonky, at least when i played it on PC). I don't mind if it's not massively popular if it delivers something that improves or expands on the original.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom