• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Soldato
Pull the other leg it's got bells on! :) With the amount of times a mod has had to warn you about your anti 'anything not AMD' scaremongering and trolling I find that hard to believe!

Not sure I’d call that mod impartial.

Yea, would hurt your own if you was.

It really wouldn’t.

Man gonna be a rough Christmas for the faithful here when high end DDR5 arrives and tuning starts. I mean *really* rough.

Christmas is never rough. Will be amazballz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
It does seem Intel have caught and slightly surpassed AMD in processor stakes, the 12700K and KF look excellent buys for anyone wanting to workload or to game.
As hardware unboxed stated when you total up system perf, the 12700K is approx the same as a 5900x chip in cost, on a DDR4 platform. The KF saving about £20. DDr5 costing so much as a platform it isn't worth it.
So its a case of what you're looking for.
There do seem to be various heat issues from the 12900K, which likely won't exhibit in normal usage, but strange as it really doesn't seem to exceed the 12700KF by much at all.

What it most certainly demonstrates is the entire 11gen for Intel at the K top end, was a complete waste of money and sand for anyone who bought it. Equivalent to buying an XT AMD processor.
I'd be very annoyed if I'd shelled out buckers for an 8core 11900K, which shows as awful in almost every comparable chart, from perf to heat to wattage.
Amazing that 8 core managed to top almost all power usage charts ahead of 16 core and 24 and 32 thread chips from both Intel and AMD. Awful.
The 'killer blow' hasn't landed except against the 11th Gen which shows no benefit to anyone at all now.

When it comes to it, pick whatever platform you want and get either the 12700K or the 5900X and you're flying.
Be very interesting to see if AMD Zen 3D makes much of a step forward or just toys the lead from Intel 12th gen when it launches.

Soldato
Good to see Intel back with a good product.

Not quite sure why people go so loopy over these things though.

Intel bring a product out a year after AMDs last effort and its better. Wow what a surprise.

You watch.. AMD bring out a product a year from now and it will be better again. Whoopdydoo.

Need to get some perspective on what's important in life guys lol.

V F

V F

Soldato
Good to see Intel back with a good product.

Not quite sure why people go so loopy over these things though.

Intel bring a product out a year after AMDs last effort and its better. Wow what a surprise.

You watch.. AMD bring out a product a year from now and it will be better again. Whoopdydoo.

Need to get some perspective on what's important in life guys lol.

I don't think much has changed to be honest. Even during the 2000s it was still fps and lag. :cry:

Soldato
12600k looks fine from what I saw, slightly faster than a 5600X in games yet decimates it in virtually everything else.

Well, it isn’t great in some tasks. Overall Alder lake is a pass I would say. It’s got enough good aspects to slow Intel’s downward desktop trajectory.

Would have been nice to seen 16 big cores on a chip and thread director gone, but Intel are where they are currently.

Caporegime
You're using the system power figures for the 5800X from one person and the 12700KF system power figures from someone completely different LOL. Nice try.

No its not its from the same Video, you said you had watched that video? Did you or are you just regurgitating from some BS "materials to use" pool from somewhere?

Here is the power https://youtu.be/vlngwUuDYoc?t=509

Here are the scores https://youtu.be/vlngwUuDYoc?t=485

They are seconds apart.

Christ.....

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
When was the word dominating redefined :p
Well just like AMD is dominating the scoreboard now, soon all the top positions will be Intel CPU’s assuming Humbug updates it. That is dominating. But you knew that already, unless your a bit special :p

Shh don't say that too loud here.you will get slaughtered by the blue corner

:D

Why wouldn't you be?

Indeed. Odd post I thought.

Well, it isn’t great in some tasks. Overall Alder lake is a pass I would say. It’s got enough good aspects to slow Intel’s downward desktop trajectory.

Would have been nice to seen 16 big cores on a chip and thread director gone, but Intel are where they are currently.
You really are deluded sir :cry:

Soldato
Well just like AMD is dominating the scoreboard now, soon all the top positions will be Intel CPU’s assuming Humbug updates it. That is dominating. But you knew that already, unless your a bit special :p

:D

Indeed. Odd post I thought.

You really are deluded sir :cry:

Top position will still be AMD by miles :p

You don’t need to call Sir anymore, but talk about deluded lol Intel bring out moderately competitive chip, which lets be honest is probably not going to erm… look great shall we say, (see how I consider your feelz :p) in few months.

I quite appreciate that Intel are trying and the strong points soc 1700 has. Maybe people should remain realistic though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom