Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set

Caporegime
@Feek how was someone at a level to be in a match and do that?! Crazy!

Have you never seen people drive?

Waaaay more dangerous than a gun, kills some 10 odd people a day even here iirc, still people (possibly even yourself) don't always follow all basic procedures

Soldato
Have you never seen people drive?

Waaaay more dangerous than a gun, kills some 10 odd people a day even here iirc, still people (possibly even yourself) don't always follow all basic procedures

I bet none of them do safety checks on their vehicles either and rely on somebody else who is a professional to do it for them!

Caporegime
I bet none of them do safety checks on their vehicles either and rely on somebody else who is a professional to do it for them!

Yeah, I never check if it's clear when I pull out onto a main road, someone else in the car should simply tell me - just say "clear road" and I'll trust them.

Caporegime
Considering the near total lack of consequence (civil or criminal) for killing someone with a car in this country... not sure it's so analogous.

Caporegime
Considering the near total lack of consequence (civil or criminal) for killing someone with a car in this country... not sure it's so analogous.

Do you think there will be any serious (criminal) consequences for Baldwin (or the AD or armourer) here? It seems there is a possibility but a slim one from some of the legal commentary so far.

Soldato
If you rely on an annual inspection for basic safety checks on your car you're a moron.

I like the way you’ve now added ‘basic’ to the safety checks

do you recheck everything after somebody has done an mot on your car or do you rely on the process and trust the professional has done their job?

Caporegime
I like the way you’ve now added ‘basic’ to the safety checks

do you recheck everything after somebody has done an mot on your car or do you rely on the process and trust the professional has done their job?

I've referred to basic checks throughout the thread.
I don't rely on an mot to check that my car is safe. The purpose of an mot is to verify that the car is safe, it is your responsibility to make it safe before its tested

Caporegime
Guy not looking who caused two crashes on the same road only a few days ago: “clear”

[car crashes, someone dies]

Don't worry dowie we all know that you and dis are gonna go on and on about how you follow every safety procedure to the letter do all your own maintenance perfectly check your fluids, tread, pressures and pads every time you get in the car etc etc

Soldato
There is no universal film set rules and regulations. It’s completely different in every state and then can change again if filming outside the US. There might be changes in the law after this, but it will only apply to the state they were filming in.

Soldato

Some notes from the above:
  • The firearm used was a Pietta Single Action Revolver in .45 LC, which is a copy of the 1873 Colt Single Action Army.
  • The shell casing has been recovered, as has the lead bullet which was recovered from the director's shoulder.
  • Additional live ammunition was found on set.
  • 500 rounds found on set, including blanks, dummy and live ammunition.
  • A plastic non-functioning revolver was on set.
  • 16 people were in the vicinity of the shooting, about 90 people in total on the entire movie set.
  • Investigation will continue, arrests will be made if they believe the actions were criminal.
qayiFwc.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom